Missouri-Kansas City

Where to get Invitations

Our wedding is in December and we are starting to think about our invites and I need some recommendations on where to get them. I would prefer to not spend TOO much on them. Any advice???Thank you!

Re: Where to get Invitations

• edited December 2011
    Well, I got mine at Paper Source on the Plaza. they are beautiful, and we had a good experience there, the people were really helpful and they had lots to choose from. However, I'm not really sure what the prices were like compared to other invitation places. i think it was semi expensive, we ordered about 200 STD'ss and invitationss, along with some labels for the inner envelopes, and the total was around 800 dollars. I wouldn't be surprised if the prices were more expensive compared with other places. Where did you get your dress? I think all the salons have invitations as well, and you might even get a discount.

I hope this was semi helpful. Good luck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    We went to invitation stores (there is one in Prairie Village in that little area of shops), got inspiration, and then made our own. I loved them and thought they looked high-quality. Our quote from an invitation store was around $800 for 150 invitations! We spent about $250 doing it ourselves and I'm very happy we did!

Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lostmykeyslostmykeys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought of looking on the internet?  There are several places that sell invites that we have found that will send free samples of their work.  We were looking at a celtic theme but these offer many types of invites:

http://www.ashtonweddinginvitations.com/statres.nsf/itemdetail.html!OpenForm&pid=1017NA

http://www.invitationsbydawn.com/Wedding-Invitations/Celtic-Wedding-Invitations/2657-DWF10840-Love-Knot--Invitation.pro
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are making your own try Michael's or cardsandpockets.com
    If you are wanting them made for you you could try vistaprint or zazzle for some deals!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in January and have been looking, too.  I think I will go with MagnetStreet.com  I like their designs and that you can customize the colors, fonts, and message as you need.  For some STDs, about 100 invitations with response cards and info cards, I think I will spend around $400 (not including postage).  Also, weddingwire.com offers free wedding websites and they have templates from various invitation vendors including Magnet Street.  So in the long run, my invites will match the website and be one lovely, consistent theme.  Last but not least, if you order a sample from them, they will provide coupon codes so when you order, you can get up to 20% off.
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered mine online from weddingpaperdivas.com.  I love them and would recommend the company!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rwnkchrwnkch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used vistaprint.com for my STD's and invites. I had magnets for the STD's and I loved them! But my invitiations, not so much. They were cute but the quality just wasn't there. The back of them were suppose to be solid black but were faded. They were VERY budget friendly though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards