Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Photographer recommendations

Hi all! I'm looking for a photographer, and I'm pretty frustrated that so many of them are so pricey. I think it's pretty ridiculous to pay someone $3000 for a day of work and a few days of editing....

Do you ladies have any recommendations/reviews of photographers you're checking out or have used?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

201 Invited 12 Attending 6 Declined 183 Not Replied
RSVP Date: October 1st

Re: Photographer recommendations

• Options
    OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monika at monphotography.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Terri Voyles, www.terrivoylesphotography.com She is wonderful!  We used her for our e-pics and our wedding in 10 days.  Very reasonable, and really great work. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.countlessmemoriesphotography.com/ 

Ask for Sarah, she will hopefully be doing my wedding. Check out her work on her site, she even has more in person. She is really affordable. Tell her Sha'Ree Grant told you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mark Sorenson
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sarah Dickerson.  She is 2000 for the whole day 2 photographers.  

My siggy is one of hers, and this is one of my favs of her (not of me):

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Gregg Hejna, he's $2k for the whole day and a second shooter and part of that money goes to an album or a disk of all the photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jim Powers.  He did our engagement photos, and I love them!  He's really great to work with, and he's way reasonably priced.

Good luck!  Finding a photographer was one of the more difficult parts of planning, IMO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Sarah Dickerson, she has been great to work with and very reasonably priced.  We ended up with a package that includes 2 photographers, albums, and cd's of all the photos for a little over $2K.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    scott e thomas & daughter 1500 is their max package price
  • Options
    Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm using Reflections Photography out of Olathe. They are $2k for 2 photographers, engagement photos, rights to photos and photo credit. They were super nice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

RVR photography is a husband wife team and they are reasonably priced..they have different packages to offer and you can customize one to fit your budget. They are amazing to work with and sooo nice  we fell in love with them when we met them. They are doing our wedding.

www.rvrphotography.com

• Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jackson Photography starts at $1500 and has some good looking pics.  I haven't chosen a photographer yet, I am looking for a photojournalistic style with album choices, so I may have to spend a little more. 
  • Options
    taraclayt1taraclayt1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I am using Blazic Photography. She is really great and I like the way her albums looked. She is very reasonable at 2400 for her package- that includes a 1000 credit towards albums, prints, and cd's. She also stays for the whole day, isn't limited with a certain amount of hours and its her plus an assistant photographer.

She has higher packages, but they include a lot of freebies too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Bill Artman Photography. It's $2000 for 7 hours, but he has packages that are less time that are less. I really like him so far. He did our engagement pics and they turned out great.
  • Options
    rosa09rosa09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morgan Miller from Cornerstone Photography.  Loved her!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mark Leonard Photography is mentoring a new photographer under the company name Fresh. They shoot the wedding for free and you just pay for pics afterward. We used Mark Leonard and they were AMAZING so I can only imagine that Fresh will be just as talented!

Also PhotosEdge is a great company to check out.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Prairie Fire Images has packages starting at $1900. The owner Keith is great to work with.
  • Options
    annandericannanderic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Borozinski Photography. Loved their style, and they were super nice. They are a husband/wife team and they give you a DVD of all your images plus a copyright release. Highly recommend them! www.borozinskiphoto.com

Oh, also, we booked them for only 6hrs but they stayed for like two extra hours at no charge! Very cool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards