Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Party Rental-Help!

So, I got a quote from AAA party rental. The chairs we wanted to rent cost $1.10 a piece-not bad.  We need about 100 chairs. I got a quote from them yesterday and it is going to cost $584 because Saturday is considered 'overtime delivery'

I could try to cut this number by finding someone in my family or a friend to set up and tear down the chairs and then see if my step-dad could return the chairs back to the supply store on Sunday (both of these things would save $385 making it much more affordable).

I was just wondering if anyone out there knew of a rental place in the metro that didn't charge an arm and a leg in delivery fees.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Party Rental-Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am having the same problem with a dance floor rental. We have to have it delivered in the morning, then picked up before midnight. All the places I have called want more for delivery and pick-up than to rent the actual dance floor. I think we are going to meet in the middle, they deliver and set-up and then we are going to break it down at the end of the night and return it the next day. Do you have a few guy friends that would be willing to help load the chairs into a truck bed? The more help the quicker it will go!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I have been brainstorming. It would be a lot cheaper to just rent a small U-Haul ($20-30/day) and have my dad, stepdad, guy friends help with it all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've looked at pretty much every rental place in KC, but I have a diff problem: our ceremony is at the Loose Park Rose Garden and the fees for that venue are higher than others because the delivery people have to wait for the ceremony to be over and pick the chairs back up. We are going with Celebration Party Rental KC because it ended up being cheapest for us (like $450 compared to $700-900 other places were quoting us). We are going w/cheap chairs (like the white resin ones) but our guests won't be in them too long so I figured as long as they aren't the gray folding chairs they are fine! The price we have is for 140 chairs. I will say that I considered renting the U-Haul to cut costs, and then I talked to my friend who did that and she said she really regretted making the guys set up and tear down, and she wished she would have just spent the extra money (not that I'm knocking it though, if you have people willing to help then I would go for it). HTH. 
  • Options
    jenajjthrjenajjthr member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If you have friends available to help and who want to help, great.  Just know that it can be hot and sweaty work.  Make sure they have time to go get cleaned up before everything starts.  My stepdad did this for one of his daughter's wedding and it was not a good experience.  There were times we, the family, who helped felt more like unpaid workers at the wedding and reception, and then really didn't get to enjoy either one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards