Missouri-Kansas City

Things to do in KC

I have a TON of people who are coming here from out of town, about 55% of our guest list is OOT. So I wanted to have some information on my wedding site for things to do here in June. However, outside of Crown Center/Liberty Memorial, and Worlds of Fun, i'm not coming up with much! I'm not really from KC anyway, and I never did the tourist thing here. Can anyone help me with ideas?

Re: Things to do in KC

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/05/16/travel/16hours.html
    someone posted this article on here awhile ago and I saved it to put on my website.  It's a fun way to present things to do in KC.  Thanks to whoever originally posted it!!
  • edited December 2011

You can also do the water parks - oceans of fun and schiltterbahn
    The Legends Shopping
    Powell Gardens
    Nelson Atkins Art Museum
    The Zoo
    The Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens

HTH
    I also put the link of the article on our wedding website

• edited December 2011
    All of those.

Plus,

Royals if they're in town the weekend of your wedding (almost all of our guests went to the game either Friday or Sunday)

Boulevard Brewery

Power & Light District for nightlife

Feel free to tell them about any favorite restaurants (Oklahoma Joe's comes to my mind)
  • edited December 2011

Down by Crown Center there is also the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, the Jazz Museum, and the Jazz district. Power and Light is a fun place to go even during the day, and there is the new garmet district down there as well.

• edited December 2011
    Shopping/dining on the Plaza!
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what day your wedding is on but there is always First Fridays in the Crossroads district if they need something to do Friday night.  Loose Park's rose garden is GORGEOUS in June.  If anyone likes golfing, there are a ton of great courses around KC, we have some of the best courses in the Midwest.  That's all I can think of right now.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Powell Gardens might be nice. There are also two excellent places to do wine tastings ... the first is Pirtle in Weston and the second is Wines by Jennifer in Parkville. Hope that is helpful! Additionally, The Blue Room in the 18th & Vine district has a-mazing jazz on Friday nights for a pretty small cover.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    here is what i put on my website for my guests:

In Kansas City:Kansas City is known for its BBQ.  You can't go wrong with any of the many locations, but we recommend The Smokehouse, and Oklahoma Joe's (yes its in a gas station but its definitely NOT gas station food).For the history buffs, the Liberty Memorial is the only WWI memorial in the United States and is location right across from the street from the historical Union Station.  Other museums included the Negro baseball hall of fame, Jazz museum, and the Nelson Atikens Art museum. If you are a shopper, head down to the Plaza.  It is a Kansas City landmark.  Even if you are not a shopper its a nice place to walk around or grab a bite to eat. The city is also known for its fountains and you can see some of the more well known ones in this area.If you are looking for night life, you can't go wrong with the Power and Light district. 
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards