Missouri-Kansas City

Father/Daughter Dance-Other Options?

I would love to have a father/daughter dance, but my dad has never danced with my mom (even their own wedding), and said he would, but he has to take dance lessons. I'm not a good dancer, I could care less how he dances, but I think it might make him uncomfortable and I don't want to do that. BUT, I do want to do something special with him..it's hard giving your daughter away. Do you guys have any ideas of something special we could do during the reception rather than a dance?

Re: Father/Daughter Dance-Other Options?

• edited December 2011
    What about combining the mother/son dance?  That might take the pressure off.  I'll try to keep thinking about other ideas though...
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could play a special song and show a slide show of you and your dad.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_fatherdaughter-dance-other-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:cbcd80ee-84d3-401f-b6a9-9202e06bd695Post:469ddb67-f890-4d43-beb7-860f5bbdb85d">Re: Father/Daughter Dance-Other Options?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could play a special song and show a slide show of you and your dad.
    Posted by kelleyku05[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  Or u could do this and dance at the same time.  Most people would watch the slide show!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas! Maybe we will go with a slideshow. Keep them coming if you guys think of anything else.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding where the bride and her father began a dance together, and then about a minute into it the DJ prompted all fathers and daughters in attendance to join the bride and her father. I think it would take the pressure off your dad but still give you that special moment at your reception since it sounds like your dad is willing but just a bit uncomfortable, it was memorable for all the guests there too, it was cute to see dads with their little girls and then older fathers with their daughters too. Just an idea:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards