Missouri-Kansas City

officiant help!

my wedding is  in harrisonville,mo. it is at afrogprince. i'm teying to find a good officiant for this day, but keep running in to problems. most i have contacted are busy or out of town, i think this might be because it's a sunday. one i almost hired said she would do it but would have to leave asap after since she has a 2pm, mine is a 4pm and she had a 6pm all in different towns. so i might choose not to hire her. i've been read this board for months and hope someone can help me with ideas and suggestion for people.

Re: officiant help!

• edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?
    How long do you anticipate your ceremony being?  How long is her 2pm ceremony most likely going to be?
  • edited December 2011

mine is 10/10/10
    mine i'm thinking 30/45 mins + the time to sign documents

i have no clue how long her 2pm is but it's in overland park

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 weddings is too many in one day. I would be worried about what happens if the 2pm runs late? What happens if you are running late; is your officiant going to leave? Is the officiant going to be able to make it to the rehearsal? These are all things you should think about. There are plenty of officiants out there, and if worst comes to worst you can have a close family friend get a license to do the wedding! I would not risk it with the time frame.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I probably wouldn't want to risk it, and pp brought up a good point -- will she be able to make your rehearsal -- what if they are all on Friday evening?
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do it.  I'm sure you can find someone else...if worse comes to worse you can do it friends style and have a friend be the officiant.  I'm also a 10-10-10 bride and thats what we are doing...though we are doing to so we have more freedom/differen religious backgrounds  
  • edited December 2011
    We have a WONDERFUL officiant. She specifies the wedding to the two of you, doesn't require marital training and is very personable. We absolutely adore her!
    www.reverendcorrie.com/
    I would worry about someone doing multiple weddings in one day that they would run into traffic, be sidetracked thinking about everything they need to do, or hurry through yours just to get to the next.
    Good luck!!!!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP's!

Thanks for the info, Shutterbug!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards