Missouri-Kansas City
Options

(HELP!!) Inexpensive Flowerist/flower shops in town

Hi, girls! I'm kind of that bride who thinks Flower is the most expensive (and not worth it) part of the wedding... Also, I'm getting married on Feb.12th.2011. which is I heard flowers price is double than usual seasons. 

I looked at Flowerama and costco websites. 
I saw some beautiful bouquets on Etsy.com as Silk flowers. 
Looked pretty good in the picture but not sure, how is going to look like
"In person?"

What about Hyvee, Price chopper, or anyone had silk flowers?

I know I could post this on the "flower" board but 
wanted to ask you guys if you know any good deal florist or shops
in town! 

Re: (HELP!!) Inexpensive Flowerist/flower shops in town

• Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want an actual florist try floralyn.  Hyvee will still be up there in cost, though maybe a little less than some.  Depending on what kind of flower you use silks can look great, but some of them do look pretty cheap IMO.  the calla lillies at Hobby Lobby are very pretty if you were to do a bouquet of just them.  This etsy seller has nice bouquets, I've seen one in person http://www.etsy.com/people/Ardesign. HTH
  • Options
    lauraf1202lauraf1202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want real flowers, it will be really hard to beat Costco's prices.  We used them all the time for work, and they were by far the cheapest in town.  They do really nice work also. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a quote from Floralynn, and it was very reasonable.

I ended up getting my flowers from Bella Flora.  Dorena was so nice to work with, and I got my flowers cheaper than what I thought possible.  She put together beautiful bouqets with mini cala lillies and such that was cheaper than what others quoted me for all roses.

I've heard great things from Village Gardens as well, but they are usually VERY busy around Valentine's day because it's a decently-sized shop.  Going with a florist who doesn't own a commercial shop will save you some cash for sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had nothing but good luck with Hyvee in Mission Kansas. I looked around for an affordable florit and they were the best I could find. They're fantastic!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I totally agree with you on the flowers! They can be super pricey however, can make or break the wedding! If you visit http://www.victoriangardens.com and request a quote from Amy Cason, she will get back to you super fast. She has a lot of awesome pictures of her arrangements that she has made. When I met up with Amy she was so friendly and just wanted to hear everything that I wanted and brought a bunch more pictures of things she has made previously and they were so beautiful! I am having a lot of different things for my wedding and it is costing me around $900. This is also because I am requesting Stargazer Lilies throughout the arrangements, but she will work with any budget and find beautiful seasonal flowers to help out with the cost!

I hope this helps and happy planning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on Victorian Gardens - also try The Flower Girl. these ladies are independent so they can really work with you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if I would call them inexpensive, but  I found a couple places I thought were less expensive.  Good Earth Floral Design Studio and Petalz Weddings and Events gave me almost the exact same quote.  Although I am also having a very small wedding, and requiring no specifics other than colors.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Amy from Victorian Gardens. You can not beat the price for the quality/quantity of the flowers you get!! She's really great at working with your budget too.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards