Missouri-Kansas City
Options

String quartet for ceremony??

Anyone have any recommendations for a string quartet for our ceremony? We are getting married at club 1000 and this is what we prefer for ceremony music. My sister used Fontana trio, but just curious if anyone knows any other good ones?

Re: String quartet for ceremony??

• Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a duo (piano and violin), but considered using Fontana as well.  I didn't contact anyone else besides those two.
  • Options
    amk7ddamk7dd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Helios for our wedding this Saturday (eek!).  They've been great to work with so far, really responsive and flexible.  They're even working up a song for us that isn't in their repertoire.
  • Options
    mandi721mandi721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We used Cantilena String Quartet and they were very easy to work with and did an amazing job. 

http://www.cantilenastringquartet.com/

• Options
    amk7ddamk7dd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And now that it's over, let me say that Helios was GREAT.  Such beautiful music.  I wish I could've heard more it.  Definitely one of my favorite parts of the day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Music for Special Occasions - trio of flute, violin, cello
    Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I used Serenade in KC for my musicians. I did a trio (flute, vioin, and cello), and I LOVED them. Donna, who is the contact, was very easy to work with. They didn't come to the rehearsal, and I was a little bit nervous about it, but it turned out wonderful. ALL of my guests were telling me how pretty the music was. I didn't have to even talk to them (didn't get a chance!), but I have nothing but good reviews for them.

I'm not sure how expensive other places are, but she has the prices listed right on the website, as well as their repertoire.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Juniper String Quartet-- I really like Sascha and their flexibility!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards