Missouri-Kansas City

Wedding Dress Shopping in KC- $500 max!

Hi, I am planning on making a trip to Kansas City to search for a wedding gown.  Do any of you have great places to go?  I really don't want to spend more than $500 dollars on the gown.  Any and all advice is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you!
-Kristi & Nate

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping in KC- $500 max!

• edited December 2011
    I bought mine from Group USA in olathe. It is in the Great Mall.  Love my dress and it was 300.00 but you cannot tell :)
  • edited December 2011
    David's Bridal should have some!
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent $550 on my dress from DB, but there were lots of choices for under that. Just go in with an open mind, and know it's not an upscale boutique in any way. You are not going to get the "Say Yes To The Dress" experience, but there are many beautiful dresses for a great price.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I had a TERRIBLE experience at Davids Bridal... I had around the same budget and they treated me like crap! They didn't bring me ANY of the dresses I wanted to try on from looking online. They made my wedding dress shopping experience horrible, I left crying!
    I DID find my dress at Group USA and it was $450... They were SO nice, they have a TON of sizes... And let me try on as many dresses as I wanted. Once I picked out MY dress, the sales rep informed us it would be 25% off the following week, which was so kind! When their credit card machine was down, when we were ready to purchase, they gave me an extra 10% off just for having to wait... I loved my experience at Group USA and they have a great selection with great prices!! 
    Good luck!!!
  • chyleinachyleina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

DB is ok, I personally didn't have a good experience...but they do have gowns in a lot of price ranges.
    You could check out some local boutiques.. like Amore' Bridal in Independence, the Gown Gallery in KC, or Mia's Bridal...my favorite shop is Rosie's in Independence. Shop around... They may have some designer gowns from a previous season on the sale rack.
    Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards