Missouri-Kansas City

Need a caterer - VERY VERY tight budget

Hi, guys!!  Our wedding is next September, and we were originally thinking about us and our family members making our own food, but now we're thinking catering MAY be a better option.  does anyone know of any super affordable cateres?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
***January Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration***
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Need a caterer - VERY VERY tight budget

• We are going through Hyvee and very happy with what they offer.  The catering department at the Liberty location are very professional and easy to work with.  Also, we are serving appetizer and dinner with all flatware for only around 600.00 for 60 people.  Idk what your budget is, but we found Hyvee to be a great option.  
    Happily in love since 12-01-10 Happily married since 12-01-12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_need-a-caterer-very-very-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:eadbf14e-f495-42f8-8969-7831277db5cdPost:1f9d57ad-b9a2-4f31-908b-62db9084f7f1">Re: Need a caterer - VERY VERY tight budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going through Hyvee and very happy with what they offer.  The catering department at the Liberty location are very professional and easy to work with.  Also, we are serving appetizer and dinner with all flatware for only around 600.00 for 60 people.  Idk what your budget is, but we found Hyvee to be a great option.  
    Posted by aaronNmandy2012[/QUOTE]
     our total budget is around $3500.  the venue and lodging totaled around $1500, the photog is $500, my dress was $549, we've spent around $30-40 on decor so far, $10 for my bouquet, im thinking about $30 for all the bridesmaids bouquets, our rings totaled $75 and $15 on invitations.  :)  im just not sure whats a reasonable price for food.  i really, really want good food, and a variety of southern foods.  it just seems like $600 is a lot of money!  haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • $600 for 60 people is really reasonable. That's $10pp for flatware, food, and servers. I doubt you'll find anything cheaper than that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_need-a-caterer-very-very-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:eadbf14e-f495-42f8-8969-7831277db5cdPost:51f974e5-e920-438a-869b-f0ddbfd192f0">Re: Need a caterer - VERY VERY tight budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]$600 for 60 people is really reasonable. That's $10pp for flatware, food, and servers. I doubt you'll find anything cheaper than that.
    Posted by meggiemo[/QUOTE]

<div>k.  thats what i thought.  i think we're gonna stick with cooking, then.  thanks!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards