Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Country Theme?

I'm going for a country-ish theme.  My girls and I wll be wearing cowboy boots and we're currently looking for a barn to use.  Any ideas to help me out would be phenomenal! TIA!

Re: Country Theme?

• Options
    If we weren't having so many guests from out of town, we would have hands down gone with Circle S Ranch. The place is absolutely breathtaking, you can rent the venue for the entire weekend (at what we considered a very reasonable cost) and they pretty much take care of everything for you. One of my coworkers knows the owner and highly recommended the venue to us. Even as we plan our wedding, I find myself sometimes (very secretly) wishing we had been able to do that!

Weston Red Barn Farm is great, but it's open air, so you may want to carefully consider WHEN to have your wedding. It truly is gorgeous though.

There is also the Alexander Major House, which has a beautiful barn, the Lenexa Conference Center, and The Elms.

We also checked our Fresh Air Farm, but the woman was so incredibly rude to us that although it was cute, we stopped considering it right then and there. Also, if the weather is inclement you don't really get a dance floor as your dancing space would typically be outside. It's a smaller venue for sure.
  • Options
    Try Peepers Ranch in Lenexa, KS or Agricultural Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs, KS.  Both have Gazebos and Reception areas.
  • Options
    If your wedding is smaller....Shatto Milk Co. In Osborn, Missouri has a great facility.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_country-theme?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:fd125f75-0695-434c-a691-d936623ebb94Post:ce46aa47-a789-4329-9e76-162a663d45ff">Re: Country Theme?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Saddle & Sirloin.  (Link here .)  Also considering your location near Whiteman AFB, you should also look into Powell Garden.  It's not as "country" but it's beautiful.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards