April 2013 Weddings

Slideshows

Anyone here doing a slideshow for their wedding?  I need help, I have only been to one wedding with a slideshow before. Please tell me your plan for layout, total length, time for each slide etc...

I sort of felt a slideshow should encompass people that will be at the wedding in order for it be interesting for the guests.  I am not sure if this is the norm or is it typically exclusively pictures of the bride and groom.  

Re: Slideshows

• I have been to a wedding where the slideshow was literally 15 mins long. They shut the bar down and everyone literally wanted to leave! It was horrible.. MO is that it should be no longer than 3-5 mins . It should start with baby pictures of you and him and then can fade into pictures of the two of you. Start with pictures from the beginning of your relationship to most current pictures ( maybe end with engagement pictures ). I definitely think a nice touch is putting pictures of you/ groom with the guests.
    GL
  • Oh man!  Everyone was forced to WATCH the slideshow?? Good lord!  That's gotta be BORING. LOL.  We're doing one that will play all night on loop by the DJ booth on a big screen.  I'm adding a ton of photos of my FI and I since we've been together.  Then a bunch of us as kids with our families.  And probably some growing up with friends as well.  Just a big "celebration of us" thing.  I'm using iPhoto and literally let it go automatically.   You can use some services online if you don't have a mac.  I think animoto.com does some really fun stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Wow 15 min is a long time!  We were thinking 5 min tops and just have it run before our first dance.

Aside - FI called our venue yesterday to inquire about what programs are compatible with their system and they informed us to use their projector system it is an extra $250.  I couldn't believe it when we did the initial consult she told us all about the projectors showed them to us and where the screens were with never any mention of using them being extra.  I looked at the contract last night and for the room rental it isn't listed as included but no where is it listed with any of the extras.  I think I am going to try to argue with them on this one.  If a slideshow is costing me $50 a minute not sure how much I want it anymore Surprised
  • I went to one and they had it running during their first dance- that was actually perfect, because it was behind them so everyone saw their dance, and the show. But it made the bride/groom feel less self concious of dancing since that was on in the background. Keep it short- like PP said, 3-5 minutes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would say let it loop somewhere and do not force people to watch it. Just let it continually play while everything else is going on. Is that an option?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_slideshows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:09dc8ffe-a000-44e1-91d1-f46493381b3fPost:e1724e15-e34b-41f3-9d5b-9b1959cb3a6d">Re: Slideshows</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to one and they had it running during their first dance- that was actually perfect, because it was behind them so everyone saw their dance, and the show. But it made the bride/groom feel less self concious of dancing since that was on in the background. Keep it short- like PP said, 3-5 minutes.
    Posted by orangehills[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of doing it this way, but it sounds like a great idea! I wouldn't want to sit through a slide show by itself; this way seems much better.
  • You could get a few digital picture frames and place them on your cake table or with the guest book , same general idea.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards