Ohio-Columbus

Cake Recommendations Please

I think I asked this question a few months ago but I could use some fresh perspectives. Where are you getting/did you get your cake?

Re: Cake Recommendations Please

• I am using Bess Daniels - www.besscakery.com.

She has a relatively small business out of her home but has been great to work with so far. She has wonderful prices and a great variety of flavors. My fiance and MOH went cake tasting for me a couple months ago (I live out of town) and said the cake was amazing! I am really excited about it! 

• @polo, thanks for the head's up!
    @akbrown, we meet with bess tomorrow!

• We used the cake studio - amazing! I heard if you have an open bar..usually about 75% percent of the guests eat cake. We had 220 guests and ordered cake for 210...there was not one slice left over.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going with Sauer cakes. I highly recommend scheduling a tasting. Be sure to ask for the White Almond and Irish Triple Threat (Guinness Chocolate Cake!!)
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto Irish Dancer...Michelle with Sauer Cakes is Fabulous! We used her for my wedding and ever since, she's been our "Cake" person for any event. Her cakes look beautiful and taste great.
  • Sounds crazy, but Giant Eagle has really good cakes. My mom used one for her wedding and it was pretty tasty. They are pretty traditional though. The other place that I love and have used for birthday cakes and stuff is the Suisse Shop. So good. Our cake is part of the reception hall deal, so I can't recommend where it's coming from (because I don't know the name of the pastry chef off the top of my head)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh man this is making me hungry. thanks for the recommendations ladies!
  • the bakes from last weekends bridal show

alice piece of cake
    bess cakes
    cake sisters
    scrumptious crumb
    TG patty cakes 

I don't remember 100% but i think tg patty cakes had really really really good cake! I had a cake tasting with scrumptious crumb and they had a pumpkin buttercream and it was delicious but we went with anita! 
  • We are using Bess as well! The all inclusive pricing is EXTREMELY competitive and she does set up and delivery for free! :)
  • Suisse Shoppe!  Absolutely amazing.
  • Short North Piece of Cake...tasting was amazing! Free rental of cake stand and no delivery fee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards