Ohio-Columbus
Options

Creating an alter

For those of you not getting married in a church how are you creating an alter? I'm getting married outsidea nd I'm struggling with ideas to make that area distinguishable from the rest of the ceremony space. I love chuppahs but I don't know where to rent one. Anyone else had one?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Creating an alter

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ask you florist....sometimes they have stuff to make it look more altar-y, with the gazebo, arch, or chuppah.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you or your FI are really crafty, you could always make one. I know a few ladies around the boards that have done just that. I know you can rent arches at Hobby Lobby. We had one for our grand entrance for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I am actually not using a florist for the wedding. We're havving all the bouquets/boutonieres made of buttons and I'm using candles and books as centerpieces.

I have looked up some directions of how to make my own but it totally makes me nervous. I'll check out hobby lobby
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also try asking for suggestions for how to make an alter over on the DIY board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards