Ohio-Columbus

Know of any Elvis Songs????

Hello Ladies.  I am making my music request list for the DJ this week and I need a good Groom/ Mother of the Groom dance song.  The thing is my Mother-in-Law to be is an Elvis fanatic.  She was president of an Elvis fan club when she was younger and she makes a trip to Graceland every year.  So I'm looking for a good Elvis song for her and my FI to dance too.  I have searched websites only to find the usual Elvis stuff.  I was wondering if anyone may know of a good song that's unique and not used often.  I really love my new MIL and want the song to show that the FI and I put some serious thought into it.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Know of any Elvis Songs????

• edited December 2011
    You could ask your FMIL for input on what she would like to dance to. She would probably really appreciate that you wanted her input.

If you are trying to surprise her, you could randomly ask her what her favorite Elvis song is.  You could also get on itunes, and pull up Elvis songs and just start listening to some of them. Does your FI have any idea? Since his mom was a big fan, I'm sure he's heard a lot of Elvis throughout his life!

Good luck!
  • sherise40sherise40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Too funny I am in the same boat. My future mother in law loves Elvis so my fiance is looking for something good for them to dance to as well.
    We are racking our brains too...if we come across anything I will def let you know.
    -Sherise Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sherise40sherise40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here is a bunch of songs that elvis sang.
    its on amazon and you can listen to the songs...
    not sure this will help..I am gonna check out a few

http://www.amazon.com/50-Greatest-Love-Songs/dp/B00005NP7U
    -Sherise Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all.  That site was very helpful.  I think I'll narrow down a few and then send to my MIL for final selection.  I also found a sight with elvis songs and lyrics:
    http://music.aol.com/song/artist/elvis-presley/1004448

Both my MIL and I are all about lyrics and meaning so I think she'll like if I send her the lyrics with the song (even though I'm sure she already knows them all by heart LOL).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    One of my favs... " I want you, I need you, I love you"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards