April 2013 Weddings

April 27th 2013!

I'm so excited! :D and I'm so glad that I have a year and a half to plan. Much less stress :)

But I'm also going crazy because there's not much TO plan right now.
What is everyone else doing right now?

Re: April 27th 2013!

• Congrats! That is the day after my birthday!!

I am taking it slow around the holidays, just trying to narrow down vendors that we would be interested in. It is too stressful to try and make appointments now, so once 2012 hits we will be ready to go!

It is hard to come up with ideas because I keep changing my mind haha! Have you made any plans yet? Do you know what kind of dress you want?
  • Thanks!! :)

Yeah that's a smart plan :)  I've been looking around and I'm torn between a few styles. I really like a traditional ball gown or A-line but I don't want to look TOO puffed out haha. I'm very small and look young as it is and would hate to look like a 16 year old at my wedding :p

Have you found a dress? And what's your date??
  • I too have been told I look very young. I have a younger sister, who is 8 years younger than me, and EVERYONE thinks she is older than me.

Our date is 4-13-13. It will be 2 years to the day that I was proposed to. :)

I haven't tried on dresses, but I keep a notebook with me at all times to write down ideas and stuff that I might want to do. It has a few pages with dresses I want to try. I want to lose some weight also before I try anything on.

Buuuut, a few years ago, I was walking past a Davids Bridal salon and I saw the most gorgeous dress. I walked in, took a picture and walked out. They still have it and that will be the first (and maybe only!) dress I try on. I will probably go around February to try it on.

Are you doing a theme at all? I think my theme will just be spring/green. I have also become addicted to Pinterest! And I am getting a lot of awesome ideas off of there!

• That's great! I hope you get your perfect dress :)

I saw a dress on the David's Bridal website that I fell in love with. So I'm going to try that on in the spring :)

I want to do a Cinderella/fairy tales come true theme. Long story but it has to do with our engagement and how we met and stuff :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_april-27th-2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:38154b61-a1df-46c3-bd50-75880b321301Post:1f0d299c-d9d5-430e-83a9-84b862a514bc">Re: April 27th 2013!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great! I hope you get your perfect dress :) I saw a dress on the David's Bridal website that I fell in love with. So I'm going to try that on in the spring :) <strong>I want to do a Cinderella/fairy tales come true theme. Long story but it has to do with our engagement and how we met and stuff :)
    </strong>Posted by LIzBurke3[/QUOTE]

That would be really cute!
  • Welcome to the 4/13 board! Fi and I have done stuff like pick out colors, designed our Lego penguin cake topper, started talking about honeymoons...Mostly little stuff. I have a favorite dress too that I found on TK at least a year ago. As far as I'm concerned that's the only ceremony dress I want to try on, but I have a whole bunch of people that want to go dress shopping with me, and I will probably turn that into a lunch/tea and let each person pick a dress for me to try on...it is nice having a whole bunch of time to plan...and save MONEY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • I'm getting married on April 27th, 2013 as well. I have already booked the reception hall and called about the church. I plan on booking the church after the first of the year, as they will not accept 2013 bookings until then. I purchased my dress a couple of weeks ago. I bought it at a designer bridal shop for 75% off so I couldn't really pass it up. The only bad things is they just put a regular bag over it, so I need to buy a bridal dress bag to store it in. I am gathering ideas for favors and decorations so I can gradually buy them at Michaels with the coupons that are in the weekly paper. I'm all about saving money. We also have decided on colors, Kelly Green and Canary Yellow. It's nice to hear what everyone elsing is planning for there wedding Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAY! Congratulations! I just got engaged and will get married on that day as well :) I'm very organized and hate to wait till the last minute, so I am already calling on vendors. Good luck to you and happy planning! :)
  • Planning the venue I really want our wedding in the spring but the venue I want isn't open until June. :(

• I'm glad I'm not the only one planning already :) I'm a really organized person too and  want everything as planned and organized as possible while still having fun and enjoying the engagement. The time is going to fly though!!

And having the extra time to save money is a HUGE plus!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards