April 2013 Weddings

Just a suggestion

So there's something that drives me absolutely NUTS about brides walking down the aisle.  Why why why do they hold their flowers so high in front of them?  I'll admit I do watch the wedding reality shows and I am amazed that this point is never brought up.  I was married 15 years ago (now obviously divorced) and that was one thing my mom wanted me to remember to do when walking down the aisle.  Keep your flowers low so everyone can see your dress.  

Has anyone else noticed that brides always tend to hold their flowers at their chest practically?  

Just my suggestion ladies, but remember to keep the bouquet low when walking down the aisle.  Or, please let me know if I'm crazy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just a suggestion

• Your crazy. 

lol just kidding. I'll remember I promise!
  • I was always told to hold them as low as possible as well. But sometimes nerves/excitment etc get the best of people!
  • Ive been in weddings, photographers always say hold your bouquet low, because when you start walking it rasies...
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • yah i think its a natural thing to hold it high because you dont realize what it looks like. ive also heard photographers saying no lower lower haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My sister's wedding photog told us "Your flowers should hide your belly button, not your dress."  I always remember that.

And yes - it drives me batty too when I see brides with their bouquets snuggled between "the girls."  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • I never really noticed until after watching My Fair Wedding and David Tutera was telling girls to keep their bouquets low.  Makes total sense!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_just-a-suggestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:4bacc436-3fd4-4d10-8481-20da64182d9dPost:1e17e67e-9866-47e4-bf4c-85d0f7e7b9a0">Re: Just a suggestion</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never really noticed until after watching My Fair Wedding and David Tutera was telling girls to keep their bouquets low.  Makes total sense!
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

LOL that's were I learned about holding them low too! Love that show
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards