April 2013 Weddings
Options

Gahhhhh my dress dilemma

Soooooo I bought a wedding dress from a salon that was closing due to retirement. Since they're not doing alterations there, I took the dress to the bridal salon the next town over from me...my SIL bought her dress there and recommended them for alterations.

Long story short....I didn't realize they were a Kitty Chen retailer. I had tried on a Kitty Chen dress (the Estella style) back when we were going to have the huge wedding but didn't get it because we decided to elope in Hawaii. The dress was on a display mannequin and it took my breath away. Now I can see myself getting married in that dress (again) with the beautiful waterfall backdrop in Oahu.

FI and future MIL are trying to convince me to not get the Kitty Chen. It's 900 dollars more than the dress I currently have. But now I can't see myself in anything but THE dress. Should I just go for it and get it? Honestly I already put the other dress up for sale)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gahhhhh my dress dilemma

• Options

How long would it take for the Kitty Chen dress to come in?  Would it require a lot of alterations?

I say keep your current dress on sale and if it sells quickly, then sweet, use that money for the other one :-)

• Options
    The owner of the salon is suggesting I make a decision pretty quickly since it has to be ordered....so within the next month. Alterations wise, it's a corset back so that's not a problem. The sample in the salon was a size 10 so it was perfect other than the length which is normal for me since I'm only 5 feet tall. I am keeping my fingers crossed for my other dress to sell!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Go with your gut!  I am a two dress bride currently waiting for my first one to come in and I will put up for sale.  When I ordered my second dress I was so happy and was no longer stressed about how I was going to look on my wedding day. I would hate to feel regret on a dress and not be happy looking at my wedding pictures years from now...
  • Options
    If you love it, then I'd say go for it (as long as you can afford it if you don't sell your other dress, because sometimes they don't sell for a long time.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Funny update:

I went to David's Bridal for sh*ts and giggles today.  Ended up finding an even more perfect dress for Hawaii.  LOL....showed it to my future MIL and SIL and they both approved :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_gahhhhh-my-dress-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:510d6d31-95ea-47b4-81d3-c2526732ce50Post:eae9d277-ccb6-4a7a-b59e-7afa7ac17070">Re: Gahhhhh my dress dilemma</a>:
    [QUOTE]Funny update: I went to David's Bridal for sh*ts and giggles today.  Ended up finding an even more perfect dress for Hawaii.  LOL....showed it to my future MIL and SIL and they both approved :)
    Posted by sunnyRN[/QUOTE]

Oooh! LOVE it with the sash!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards