April 2013 Weddings

I got my dress!

I'm so excited. I went to VOWS (bridepower.com) outside of Boston.  They do discounted sample dresses, and have their own line.  I ended up getting one from their line Liv Harris.  It's a sheath (which means I'm wearing a whole lotta SPANX/CORSET underneath), cafe satin with ivory lace overlay.  The lace is beautiful.  It's capped sleeves with a deep v and open back.  It's fitted through the hips, then flairs.  I'm going to add a poofy petticoat under it, and some booby pads to fill it out a bit better.  It will have a french bussle.  It was the first one I tried on, it's just like everything I pinned.  I tried lots of other styles on, but this was IT.

Best part - I was nervous about ordering a dress from a bridal shop and having to wait several months for it, then do alterations.  With the wedding on 4/13, I was super nervous about rushing.  This place, you can take the dress with you.  I live in NY, so I took it that day and wil lhave the tailoring done near home.  

I highly recommend this place.  They have many designers and in all sizes 4-24. I had to get a size 16, which is not easy to find in a sample size in a regular store.  It means looking at much larger size, which they have for the plus sizes or trying on a 10, which is not even close to accurate on my body.   It's a great place for all sizes, and for short time lines.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

Re: I got my dress!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards