April 2013 Weddings

Too soon to start venue shopping?

We're hoping for an April 27, 2013 date - is it too soon to start looking at venues? 

I know my mother will say it's too soon, esp. since we won't have a deposit yet, but there's 10 I *HAVE* to visit before I can pick, and I can't pick out colors until I see a venue. Thoughts?
"So what? So it's not going to be easy. It's gonna be hard.
Really hard. But I wanna do that because I want you
- all of you, you and me, every day. Forever."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too soon to start venue shopping?

• No way! Definitely not too soon!! I've already visited, found, and paid a deposit on my venue for my wedding. It's a good thing I did, because they were booked through 2012 already. And that's in a small town...in Nebraska. I'd definitely go and see what's out there. Everyone told me I was crazy for wanting to go that early, but I am glad I did. :) It also is a load off my mind, and now I can start focusing on the fun bits of the wedding, and I won't feel rushed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on your engagement. I agree with PP, I got engaged the weekend before Thanksgiving and have since booked, and paid for the deposit of our venue. I do not believe it is too soon. When we looked at the venue the coordinator did say that we "safely" had until early January or February to book, but once those months hit she said that she will be booked with viewings for the venue and will begin securing a lot of dates for 2013. We are getting married Friday April 5, 2013 and the wedding coordinator told us when we went to look at it a couple of weeks after we got engaged that all the Saturdays in April were already booked! Hope this helps, and it does not hurt to look considering you do have quite a few on ur list :):)
    Christine
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congratulations!!

I booked my venue in August, so I definitely do not think it is too early.

Happy Planning!
  • I am getting married on April 27th as well and we booked our venue about a month ago. It's always best to play it safe. Have fun looking at all the different places. Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not too early :) I'm already booked!  We got first picks of everything, which we liked.  :D
  • I'm not booked yet, but my fiance and I have a place that we went to already that we really liked and we want to get married on April 27th, so I don't think it's too early, but we've been engaged since August and just started getting more serious since I just graduated from nursing school 2 weeks ago.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • look and book soon!! our venue already has weddings booked for 2014. good luck and happy looking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    Def not too early girl! Getting married April 26, 2013 and we booked it in November. I just went to pay the 2nd deposit this past weekend and the manager told us mostly every weekend in April was taken already - so def. don't wait! Start looking and plan to book soon. Not to scare you, but its crazy how fast things book up - so start your travels! Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards