April 2013 Weddings

Registering

Where is everyone registering? My shower is going to be February 17, 2013 (yes, my sisters and mother have already booked this!) Other then the date of my shower thats all I know :):) FI and I have not registered yet, and I was thinking of holding off until late fall. I don't want to have to deal with switching products in and out if they are discontinued.   We are thinking about Macys and Crate and Barrel.
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Registering

• I've already registered for a couple of different reasons, A) people have been already asking and B) Macy's has the rewards program, which I've already taken advantage of by putting things I've planned on purchasing for our house and I'm getting 10% back as I go along.  I registerd at Macy's, Kohl's and Crate and Barrel. 

When people ask, I tell them, but I'm not going out of my way to announce it at this point. I'm kinda adding to it  and deleting things as I go along and as I think of things. If I come across something better (like something with a better review), I take it out and add the new item. I'm a list person, so seeing all in a list for some reason helps me figure out what I'd really like and need. 

I happened to be in Macy's  with my mom and found a lenox cake knife and champagne flutes I loved, but they were on clearance and being discontinued. I was able to add them onto my registry (to get the rewards) using the iphone app and my mom bought them and is holding on to them until the shower. So that was fun :)  The kohl's online registry has been a little clunky but c&b's has been great. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I registered at Bed Bath & Beyond so far because someone was pushing me to register, so I did.  I haven't told anyone else we've registered, really.  I'm also thinking about Sur La Table and doing an Amazon Universal Registry.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered at Bed Bath Beyond and have an Amazon Universal Registry. My FMIL's business partners are all big on engagment gifts so we ended up registering about two weeks after getting engaged. The only thing I'm worried about getting discontinued is our bedding since someone got us most of it but I think I'll just buy the rest if it goes on clearance. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I haven't registered yet, or really thought about it. We probably won't get around to it until later in the summer for the same reasons you have. Also, we will be starting the house hunting process soon and I'd rather wait to know where we will be living before I start decorating it lol.

As for where; I am not sure. Probably Macy's and maybe somewhere else.
  • We aren't going to register until September or so.  I want to before the Holidays incase people want to get us things off of our registry.  I worry about registering too far in advance and things going out of stock.  We are planning on registering at Macy's, Bed Bath and Beyond and Crate and Barrel.  I registered at Target when I was pregnant and they have the most issues out of any registry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does anyone know how the rewards system works for the macys registry?
  • How I understand it is - You have to open a Macy's credit account if you or FI don't already have one. You get 10% back on most items you purchase with the card between the time you sign up and  the wedding. You also get 5% back on any gifts purchased from your registry. After the wedding you get a gift card for the amount of the rewards  your earned. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I don't know if anyone has a Macy's card but I've had a joint account with my mom since I was 16 and their card is nothing but one hassle after another.  They say you make late payments all the time and refuse to refund the money, etc.  IMO, it's not worth the hassle to get a Macy's card.  Just my $.02.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • As far as Macy's card's go, the bet thing you can do is pay them in store, at the register. Then there's no saying you paid late. Do it the next day if you can. You'll get your rewards and save on the credit charges.

On registering: Fi and I registered last month at BB&B. We're also planning on doing Target and Amazon. So far, I love BB&B. I can edi very easily on-line. I just added a cake decorating kit this week. My mom always did amazing cakes when I was a kid, and I want to learn so badly, and my ziplock baggies don't really cut it. When we gegistered, it was suggested that we wait to register for bedding linens until later, as they may be discontinued. So we'll register for those in January, like it was suggested. I like that I have more to do later. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • We are going to register towards the end of summer. I keep looking on BBB's website though, I can't wait! I feel like we should have another option since most of my family lives so far from a BBB but there aren't really any stores that I would be thrilled with registering at.
  • BBB is awesome, although i do get really overwhelmed in the store. I have to decide between BBB, crate and barrel and macys.... i only want to do two!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards