April 2013 Weddings
Options

Anyone else turning into a giant B?

I don't know what it is, but every little thing is annoying the daylights out of me.  The past few weeks have been horrible, and my mood has gone right down the toilet.  Everyting sets me off. 

Don't get me wrong - I'm SUPER excited about the trip and the wedding.   I know we've had some bumps in the road along the way, but who hasn't?  I just don't get why I'm so much of a grouch lately.  I hate it!  I'm usually one of the sweetest people, who rarely say anything when something bothers me.  Now, anyone and everyone is in my crosshairs and some of the stuff that comes out of my mouth makes me feel SO awful the minute it's said.... but I can't take it back.  It makes me sad.  This should be a happy time.  And the thing is, we're only having about 20 guests and we have a coordinator, so it's not like I have all that much stress.

Anyone else in the same boat?  What are you doing to get rid of the "beast?"
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: Anyone else turning into a giant B?

• Options
    Hi Chi :)  Didn't you say a long time ago that you have anxiety?

I do too and when I am feeling anxious or panicky I turn into a B!  I bet it is just all of the stress, even though there is not a lot to do, you probably feel the weight of the world on your shoulders to make sure the day turns out perfectly.  That's how I feel!

GL, it's alomst here and then the stress can melt away..... :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    Yea, I am.  FI actually said something about that the other night and I reminded him that he hasn't exactly been a ray of sunshine lately, either.  We feed off of each other's energy and when we can only communicate via phone, sometimes jokes and sarcasm are misinterpreted.

I had to start working out again.  It's the only thing that actually helps me release endorphins now plus it's good for wedding prep lol.  Can you find something that relaxes you and try to do it every day or at least every other day?  Bubble bath, reading a book, going for a walk?
  • Options
    Me!!  Adawn - you said it perfectly.  Its definitely the stress/anxiety.  My mom keeps telling me to relax, that everything is pretty much done.  Which is true.  But I totally put pressure on myself to make this day perfect and its making me a little nutso!  

I've been exercising more lately and I think its helping with the stress.  Maybe you could do some yoga or just go on a walk by yourself to clear your head.
  • Options

FI has weird work hours now so I haven't been sleeping well. I'll go to bed and then wake up when he gets home, then I have to be up at 5:45 to get to work on time. So that's one of the reasons I'm acting like a B. Work as well, but it's the lack of work that has me stressing out. If there's no work and we get sent home early I don't get paid. It already happened on Monday and it could happen again today. I also have some anxiety issues, but my FSIL has been helping out so much. I do yoga so yoga breathing helps me. Then there's the Kinect at home with Kickboxing on it, so I've been doing a lot of that lately to calm the B in me down. Seems to be working.

Oh, BTW Chi my FSIL came through on some of those songs you were asking about a few days ago for violin. I posted it in that thread.

• Options
    Me! Because of stress for sure, and the fact that I'm losing my patience dealing with some stupid people I see daily.. If I worked out more that would probably help too. I'm just counting down the days until the wedding is over and we are on vacation. But then we get back and it's the pain of combining all of our accounts and changing my name, which is another hassle.. but, one thing at a time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, and I can't blame it on that time of the month! I was so aggravated/irritated with FI last night at our dance lesson that both of us had a terrible time. Granted, he was chewing gum right in my face, and we kept bumping knees because he keeps his feet pointed out the whole time, but I didn't have to be such a B-word about it. Then we forgot how to do the foxtrot and it all went downhill from there. Oy.  Good thing that man loves me.
  • Options
    Oh I totally am and it's totally being compounded by the stupid cold I'm fighting and my period. I've been pretty bad. I'm excited and all, but I just am kind of ready for all of the organizing and stress to be done!
  • Options
    Yes, I do have really, really, REALLY bad anxiety.  It's strange, though, because I don't feel any other anxiety symptoms that I usually feel.  I've been dealing with anxiety for a while now and I can pretty much predict what will set me off.  And it's for that reason that we did the VERY small wedding and picked a wedding package where we basically just have to show up.  My anxiety meds aren't really making me less of a B, which makes me wonder if anxiety really IS the root of all this.  I have no clue.  I just want it all to go away so I can get the last of this stuff done and packed up for our trip.

I've been crossing lots of things off my list this week, which is awesome.  It's a PACKED weekend, though, so hopefully it won't be too bad, anxiety-wise.

I'm glad I'm not alone in all this, though.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards