April 2013 Weddings
Options

4/27/13

My fiance and I just got engaged last week, but have had this date in the back of our heads for quite a while, so tell me guys - how do you get your wedding planning "fix" with a date this far away? What can you do now?

Re: 4/27/13

• Options
    WELL we seem to be in similar circumstances!!  I also have had this very date set in my mind for some time, it happens to be the day he and I first met.  I have only been engaged for just under 2 months now.

What I am doing is a massive venue search.  We already know which church we are having the ceremony at because we are both Catholic and the church is 15 mins from each of our parents' homes.  But I am looking within 30 minutes of that church for possible venues.  We have a VERY tight budget, so I think we have the advantage having so much time.  We can shop around, look at a few venues (actually looking at one in May) and really optimize how we can get the best bang for our buck without being pressed for time.  Also, having a date so far away improves our chances of actually being able to set this date if you are dead-set on it, since most places are likely not heavily booked yet for 2013.

So right now, or until the end of this year, my goal is to find the venue and officially set the date with the venue and the church (and maybe catering, depending on how the venue works with it) so I can snag some great holiday savings on STDs and other stationary and hang on to them until I actually send them out next year.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    this is my date too...this is our anniversary also...ive got a very tight budget and as theres so much id like at my wedding im just wanting to get all the ideas iv got actually on paper and seeing if they are actually do-able...iv all but got all the 'big' things in place ..just need to finalise all the bookings etc..im making/designing alot of my 'little' ideas ie invites, tables, flowers, shoes etc...im thinking yes it seems a long time away but i only intend to get married once so why not make it exactly how i want it...so at least this way iv got plenty of time to get it all exact and also theres plenty of time if something doesn't 'work' to either put it right or think up spomething more workable..x
  • Options
    Ok for you ladies dead set on this day, are you definitely doing an indoor wedding?  I really want an outdoor reception but I am concerned about it still being too cold in April
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    This is our wedding date too!!! This was not the date we originally chose; we were hoping to snag the date of May 18th 2013, but everything filled up so fast!  We have already booked our reception and ceremony site and I am making my boquets so I've already bough my silk flowers.  If you're making your own boquets, its best to do your flower shopping when the flowers you choose are in season, because thats when stores carry them.

Good luck with your planning!!!Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards