April 2013 Weddings

Transportation and FI -vent-

So I let fiance be in charge of booking a limo for our day.  He has been calling around getting prices and what not and he found a place that was quite a bit cheaper then others because their packages start at 3 hours (which is what we need) instead of a minimum 5 hours.  

He said he was going to go look at the vehicle before putting a deposit but I guess he changed his mind and just put the deposit down... needless to say I was peeved.  I wanted to actually look at the vehicle to assure myself it was enough space for everyone before deciding on it, he doesn't see the big deal.  

Would you be upset if this happened to you?  Are you giving tasks to other people to help you out... and how do you deal if they aren't done exactly how you would do them?   Okay vent over, I am hoping that writing this out will let me get past this and not worry about the transporation booking anymore!.  

Re: Transportation and FI -vent-

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My mother always says "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself!"

As for the limo situation, did he put a deposit down on a specific one? Or just to reserve your day? I would be upset if he didn't figure out how many people it could hold before. My FI and I talked about this last week actually, and we realized it is not only the wedding party but we have 2 photogs and videographer that will be coming with us and we want there to be enough room for everyone to sit comfortably and for all the equipment.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_transportation-and-fi-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b0db686b-c36e-4f5a-a89c-ff1b15801a74Post:8a135f13-4665-4271-b8c8-05c7930cb7cf">Re: Transportation and FI -vent-</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mother always says "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself!" As for the limo situation, did he put a deposit down on a specific one? Or just to reserve your day? I would be upset if he didn't figure out how many people it could hold before. My FI and I talked about this last week actually, and we realized it is not only the wedding party but we have 2 photogs and videographer that will be coming with us and we want there to be enough room for everyone to sit comfortably and for all the equipment.
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]
     <div>Yikes I didn't even think our photog would come in the limo with us.... maybe I should ask her.  The limo is enough seats for our wedding party only.  </div><div>
    </div><div>He did put a deposit on a specific one but they aren't really booked for next year yet so I don't see why a change wouldn't be possible...</div>
  • Ehhh I'd just let this one go, it's part of delegation and it's his wedding too. I assume the limo company told him how many people could fit. I'm sure there won't be an issue to switch your deposit onto a bigger and presumably more expensive vehicle. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We haven't done much other booking besides our venues and I got my dress on Saturday. The other things that are planned but not done I have talked with fi about. We tend to be on the same page in general, and we're not even planning on using a limo service. At the most I think we may use a car service or taxi after the reception. I think you should let this one go. Unless the company doesn't have a good reputation, you'll probably be fine. I guess it's reasonable to be concerned about having enough seats, but usually they'll tell you that when you book. If you're going to delegate, you need to trust the person you delegate to. If you want to see something before it's booked, make sure that person knows it. If you're in this situation again, where you let someone else take care of something, give very specific instructions. Especially with men. Unless you say "I want to see the limo before you book it, or I want you to see the limo before you book it," and give a good reason why, be prepared for people not to do things the way you would...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards