April 2013 Weddings

Date. Help please.... April 13??

So we have picked April 13th, but the 13 freaks me out a bit. I am not very superstitous but my mom is. She would never let us have anything 13. She would change airplane seat, hotel rooms, etc. anything if it had the number 13 on it. I think her superstition rubbed off on me a bit.

So my question is: anyone else who has this date feel this way? Are there any American holidays or other interferences in April that I should know of that could affect the date if I pick either the 6th or the 20th? He picked April so the month is set, I just don't know what to do with the date.
Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Date. Help please.... April 13??

• I will tell you that Easter that year is at the end of March, so no worries about overlapping with that holiday in 2013. I'm considering either the 20th or the 27th since it's closer to May and will be warmer around here, but I don't know if you have to worry about that out in Cali :-)

I will tell you that pretty much any date you do pick in April is going to be near Easter at some point - my birthday is in April and it's fallen on Easter a couple of times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know about easter.. but isn't there some holiday about wearing white? Oh yeah labor day! Ha ha thats how I remember it. That one falls in september too right? And then there are spring breaks, but if I remember right that falls around easter too? we picked the cooler time of the year because summers here are sooo hot and humid, and I didn't want to be all sticky and frizzy, ha ha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Labor day is in the fall - there's also Memorial day which is in May. Easter is the only major holiday that I know of that falls in April. Spring breaks can fall anywhere from March til May depending on the school system.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_date-please-april-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:c8f9727d-e9ae-45ff-9692-e9aba4a5a44bPost:5162133f-de22-4b30-bb79-23e250a5f3f3">Re: Date. Help please.... April 13??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Labor day is in the fall - there's also Memorial day which is in May. Easter is the only major holiday that I know of that falls in April. Spring breaks can fall anywhere from March til May depending on the school system.
    Posted by indigopsyche[/QUOTE]

Thank you. For some reason I though Labor day was in april. No idea why. I looked up memorial day it'll be on the 27th in 2013.  Easter is in the beginning of the month,
    so I think we'll just stick with 13 after all :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yep - and if you look up the supersitions about the number 13, there's also plenty of people who use it as good luck. I'm betting it'll be good luck for y'all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_date-please-april-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:c8f9727d-e9ae-45ff-9692-e9aba4a5a44bPost:658532ef-af15-435a-9086-6388f44246b0">Re: Date. Help please.... April 13??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep - and if you look up the supersitions about the number 13, there's also plenty of people who use it as good luck. I'm betting it'll be good luck for y'all.
    Posted by indigopsyche[/QUOTE]

Thank you, one can only hope....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am 4-13-13 as well! I don't think it is unlucky at all.
  • Hmm... 4-13-13 means there's two thirteens in there. I wonder if they just cancel each other out and make the day luck neutral? Therefore you make your own luck that day?

I dunno - this is what finals does to my brain......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm 4/13/13!! Reason why we chose it, too! :) I love the number 13! No holidays to worry about either! 
  • I love the number 13, I was born October 13th though... So anyway we are getting married 4-13-13 I would never want to get married 4-20-13 and the end of the month is just too late for me and I like double digit numbers... idk, anyway, 13 is great for me. I am getting married to my best friend on my 25 1/2 birthday haha
    Anniversary
  • We are looking at 4/13/13 as well, and I'm sure your mom will get over it...It's not like it's a Friday. We're in Cali too, and I didn't want summer either. I was only concerned about Easter of that year, since it moves around every year, anything between February and May is sort of open to end up with it as Easter at some point. I just don't want it to be too cold...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Well think about 13 this way... What if your child was born on the 13th? Would you consider that unlucky or a blessing?? Personally my daughter WAS born on the 13th. 13 is a number just like any other number... However, I was afraid that she was going to be born on 06/06/06 (aka devil's date) Fortunately she was born a wk later :)
    Livin the Good Life!
  • I was kinda feeling the same way so I thought about making it 4-20 but didn't want everyone showing up for my wedding stoned! LOL
  • Lol! I don't think it's unlucky at all! We considered 4/13/13, but we chose to get married on the 6th instead because that's what was available for our venue!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married on 4/13/13 as well.  I got engaged on this past Thanksgiving and always wanted a fall wedding.  I didn't want to do it in under a year though, nor did I want to wait two years... so decided on Spring of 2013.  Flipped to the month of April first, and saw April 13th was a Saturday.  13 is my number, I have it on all my sports teams and just love the number.  Can't go wrong with a double 13 in my future anniversary date :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards