April 2013 Weddings
Options

Rose petal toss

So I want to do a rose petal toss for our recessional, and I was just looking up some different prices. I was thinking of either making petal cones or putting the petals in little organza bags and setting them on only the chairs along the aisle because I've read that most likely the people throwing the petals from the end of the rows will not reach us, not to mention it's more clean up in the room. It's also cheaper to buy less petals.

What do you all think? Maybe do the first 2 seats in each aisle? 

It crossed my mind that not including everyone may be rude, but do you think people will really be offended if there are no petals to toss on their seat? Idk, I'd just like to hear some other opinions. 
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rose petal toss

• Options
    Also- if your venue isn't ok with real petals- check out amazon. You can get fake ones in just about any color that look relatively real- I don't think you would be able to tell the difference in a picture. That way maybe you could get petals to everyone- or just leave a larger cone on the end of the aisle- and anyone who wants to in that aisle can grab it to throw.

Now if you are talking about outside, then yah, that is usually real petals, and I would say just do the first 2 people in the row because it's expensive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    I like the idea, but I would feel bad if I was left out.

But I agree with the others, check with your venue first.

ETA: I read it wrong... Depending on your venue, even if they allow it, I might not do it. It will be pretty hard to clean up after the fact. Are you getting married in a church? And if they are left on the seats, will people know what to do with them?
  • Options
    allychaseallychase member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_rose-petal-toss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:dad85bf0-6649-46a8-b145-bca3f1e2ef69Post:56f51fdf-78eb-411b-8291-1129e0ea19be">Re: Rose petal toss</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I would be sad if I wasn't one of the lucky few to get some petals.</strong> Make sure your venue is okay with you doing this before you spend money on it.  Some venues will not allow tosses or will only allow certain kinds of tosses.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's what I'm afraid of. I know when people go to weddings the thing they most look forward to is throwing rose petals and I wouldn't want to take this special event from anyone. I think what we will do is a receiving line and hang a sign around each person who didn't get rose petals and then have my florist give them some petals to take home at the end of the night to make them feel special. Maybe they will frame them forever as a reminder of my wedding! Thanks Linger!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: In case anyone can't tell, this is 100% sarcasm. I'm not insane.</div><div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div></div>
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_rose-petal-toss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:dad85bf0-6649-46a8-b145-bca3f1e2ef69Post:5ceb06aa-a0ae-46c2-a6cd-60800e4f7684">Re: Rose petal toss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also- if your venue isn't ok with real petals- check out amazon. You can get fake ones in just about any color that look relatively real- I don't think you would be able to tell the difference in a picture. That way maybe you could get petals to everyone- <strong>or just leave a larger cone on the end of the aisle- and anyone who wants to in that aisle can grab it to throw</strong>. Now if you are talking about outside, then yah, that is usually real petals, and I would say just do the first 2 people in the row because it's expensive!
    Posted by orangehills[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is a really good idea, thank you!</div><div>

</div>

• Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_rose-petal-toss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:dad85bf0-6649-46a8-b145-bca3f1e2ef69Post:d2144683-5225-46c4-abd1-36aa49da06b9">Re: Rose petal toss</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the idea, but I would feel bad if I was left out. But I agree with the others, check with your venue first.
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the insight.. I didn't know if it would be one of those things people are actually offended by or if they would realize "oh that makes sense" if I only put them on the chairs at the end of the aisles. I will probably take PP advice and put a cone at the end of the aisles, or I was thinking maybe just putting a basket in the church foyer with bags of rose petals. </div>

• Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_rose-petal-toss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:dad85bf0-6649-46a8-b145-bca3f1e2ef69Post:d2144683-5225-46c4-abd1-36aa49da06b9">Re: Rose petal toss</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the idea, but I would feel bad if I was left out. But I agree with the others, check with your venue first. ETA: I read it wrong... Depending on your venue, even if they allow it, I might not do it. It will be pretty hard to clean up after the fact. Are you getting married in a church? And if they are left on the seats, will people know what to do with them?
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We're getting married at the church my FI family started, so we can pretty much do whatever we want since his family does so much to keep the church running. </div><div>
    </div><div>I would probably tie a ribbon around with some poem explaining to toss them as the new Mr and mrs walk by or something along those lines. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: My FMIL suggested the petal toss, and she is the one going back and putting the church back the way it usually is for church the following Sunday since we'll be on our HM. She doesn't mind.

</div>

• Options
    So you are having them throw them while you are walking down the aisle of the church? Cute idea and Ive never seen this done in an actual church :) I think you have the right idea, its only really going to work for the people closest to the aisle. When people walk out of the church I would leave a basket with more cones of rose petals so maybe when you guys are walking out of church into your means of transportation (I am assuming you are going from church to your venue) they have the chance to join in on the fun.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards