April 2013 Weddings

April 13?, 2013

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on this board. I always thought I would be a May bride, but evidently my future in-laws anniversary is in May, so April it is. So here I am at the April 2013 board :) We don't have an actual date, but I would like the 13th. It's a Saturday, and he would like that it's a prime number. I'm excited to share ideas and get to know my fellow 5/13 brides.

Just a little backround on my fi and I. He does IT coding and tech in the title insurance industry, I'm a student/retail manager/children's choir director. The 2013 is so I can graduate and not try to plan and go to school at the same time. I know people have done it, but I don't think it's a good idea for me. We've been dating for a year and 9 months, give or take. He proposed at the Griffith Observatory with a view of the city lights and the stars. We had celebrated our 1 year anniversary there last November, and unbeknownst to me, that's when he decided he would propose there. The ring is a 1/2k solitaire, which used to be one of his Granny's ear rings, set in paladium to stand up to my clutziness. It was nothing like what I thought I wanted, but it's perfect. He is everything I didn't know I needed and a few things I knew I did. I get to spend the rest of my life with the man of my dreams and my best friend.

We want our wedding to be like we are: quirky and fun and not too fussy. He wants small, but I think we're going to end up around 300...My dad said he could suck it up for one day. I would be fine with 200-250, but my dad's our church choir director, I direct the children's choir, and there are a lot of people I HAVE to invite. I always knew that would happen, so it doesn't bother me, but Fi is more on the shy side and I know the $$$ is going to bother him. We don't have a budget or know who all is contributing yet, but I am planning on cutting costs as many places as I can without having the wedding turn out lame. We just had a major setback with his insurance denying a claim from 5 months ago, and our nest egg, which he had been  saving for 5 years, is basically down the drain. I'm hoping both sets of parents will contribute as we're both onlies. I'm trying not to freak out about the money too much since we aren't officially planning yet. More on that when we do get to the planning phase.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards