Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

looking for wedding venues to have ceremony and reception??

im just getting started and i was wondering where are some places to have the wedding and ceremony together...and approx. prices.i really like the gatehouse...but im open for suggestions.thank you

Re: looking for wedding venues to have ceremony and reception??

• Options
    kbarron1kbarron1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the old governors mansion.  It is $2000 to rent the place for up to 200 guests (you can have more, it is just an increase in fee) and $500 for the ceremony fee. The OGM is a place where you bring in your own vendors, so we actually came out cheaper than the all inclusive places b/c we could cut costs with certain foods, etc.  and we found that we got a lot more for our money with food and liquor, etc. rather than using the preset packages of most places.  And, it is GORGEOUS so you don't really have to do much to decorate.  The website is:www.oldgovernorsmansion.orgGood luck and let me know if you have any questions!
  • Options
    melissalyn05melissalyn05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    White Oak Plantation is a great option. You can get married in front of the house, in the formal livingroom, or on the back patio. Your reception takes place in the ballroom and on the patio. You get to utilize the entire property and there are lots of options and rainy day back up options. There is a $5500 minimun before tax and gratuities. You can go to the website: www.jfolse.com/whiteoak to see the menu options. We are getting married there and are having 160 guests with beer and wine with the smallest menu package (which you can customize later if you dont like something or want to swap something out) and a carving station and we are paying right at $8000. That includes rental fees, food, cleanup, tax, gratuity, chairs, tables, ceremony chairs...and it is for 3 1/2 hours (1/2 hour for ceremony). Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    melissalyn05melissalyn05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, White Oak books up QUICK! Most (if not all) of the spring/summer dates for 2010 are already taken, so if it is an option for you, you may want to call Roslyn (event coordinator) and set up a time to look at it and meet with her asap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what area you are looking for but New Iberia has Rip Van Winkle Gardens it's $2000 to have ceremony/reception there for 4 /2 hrs. Includes tables,chairs and linens. You have to purchase your drinkpackage through them,if you want chairs outside for your ceremony you also have to rent those through them. This is where I amgetting married so if you have any other questions just let me know! HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashley Manor is a good choice as well. Did you want something more like a home atmosphere or are you thinking of convenience? The hotels around town would be a good choice, if you are thinking of a bit out of town Desert Plantation is really pretty as well as Rosemund Gardens. I LOVE the Old Governor's Mansion as well... GL!
  • Options
    msiguemsigue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We too are having our ceremony and reception at the Old Governor's Mansion.  The ceremony is taking place in the Rose Garden outside and the reception will be in the gorgeous ballroom inside.Our second runner up for venues was the Old State Capitol.  We had planned to do the ceremony in the House of Representatives and the reception in the Senate chamber.  The House has a beautiful stained glassed window allowing for a beautiful backdrop for you and the groom to stand in front of.  It also has stadium seating which was a nice touch so everyone could have a great view of the bride and groom.  The Senate chamber is akin to a ballroom.  I want to say the cost was similar to that of the Old Governor's Mansion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Mikah,I wanted to share some info about our wedding with you. We are getting married next October at Oak Lodge in Baton Rouge. The prices are very reasonable and they have different rooms that you can choose for your event. The coordinators are extremely nice as well. They offer taste testings and you can view the place set up for a wedding if there is one that day.
  • Options
    Is there another website or something I can look into. I'm newly engaged and I want my wedding there, but I can't find any information.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen pictures from a wedding at Baton Rouge gallery on Dalyrmple?  I'm thinking about giving them a try but I want to see how it will really work out there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards