Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Did we spend too much on invitations?

I don't know why I'm doing this to myself because we already placed the order. I just wanted to get a feel or what others spent on invitations.We ordered 125 invitations, response cards, & return address envelopes, 100 personalized Thank You cards, with 50 extra standard Thank You cards.... for a grand total of $400, yikes!How does this compare?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Did we spend too much on invitations?

• ashleyhurt86ashleyhurt86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't want to say yikes you spent a lot because i'm just on a tight budget of about 4K but it's not too terrible as long as they're high quality and very nice. the first ones we looked at were $200 for just the invites but due to the budget we went to 123print.com and we're getting invites and response cards for about $80 for our casual brunch wedding.but you did get a lot for your money and personalized thank yous can be pricey!
  • stephiemikestephiemike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great price. especially with everything you got!! Don't stress about it now though, you already placed the order. Most companies I looked at ranged from $800-1500 for 175 invites.
  • dlbrousdlbrous member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I need to stop laying guilt trips on myself...It's just that things really add up the more you think about it.
  • erinj625erinj625 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dlbrous- do you mind if I ask where you got your invitations? I'm shopping right now.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you got a steal!  I picked a slightly more expensive invitation and for 100 invitations, reply cards, accommodation cards, 100 stickers for the envelopes, 50 thank yous for the bridal shower, and 100 thank yous for the wedding my grand total was $685.00.  But they are fabulous and I don't regret it at all!!! 
  • eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *erinj325*we went to American Printing in the Drusilla shopping center- they have probably 50 books with sample wedding invitations that you can just flip through to find your invitiations- they are very helpful!www.americanprintingbr.comweordered 225 invites 175 response cards and 200 thank you notes (I think) and after tax it was right around $600 and I LOVE my invites-
  • dlbrousdlbrous member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I didn't know about american printing.... What a selection! I would be overwhelmed.But to answer the earlier post's question.. I got mine through a local Hallmark store in Central (Gayle's Hallmark) which had 2 large books of Carlson Craft invitations to choose from.
  • eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    american printing was great not overwhelming at all- we walked in told them kind of what we were looking for and they pulled 2 books for us to look through- after we looked through about 5 or 6 books the invitation we decided on was in the 1st book we looked at! They really know their stuff there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards