Louisiana-Baton Rouge

New to the board

Hi! My name is Jessica and my FI's name is Greg. We will be getting married in Broussard on June 12, 2010. I am a DIY bride and have all of my major vendors booked already. Is anyone on here from the Lafayette area?

Re: New to the board

• edited December 2011
    Hi Jessica, my name is Stephanie. Welcome, I live in Lafayette, but our wedding and reception will be in the New Iberia area.
  • edited December 2011
    Stephanie...are you having it at Rip Van Winkle?
  • edited December 2011
    Nope, but that was one of our choices, there is another bride on here that is having it there.  Are you getting married there?
  • edited December 2011
    No. I know a few people who have had their weddings there before though. It's very beautiful. I'm having the ceremony at the catholic church in Broussard and the reception at the KC Hall if Youngsville.
  • edited December 2011
    That church is so beautiful, I love the stained glass windows!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes. I would have the cathedral, but this church is beautiful as well.
  • edited December 2011
    *would have loved the cathedral
  • stephiemikestephiemike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Lafayette and getting married there on March 20th, 2010. Well, I'm actually getting married at L'Eglise which is technically in Abbeville. I live in New Orleans which makes planning a little difficult.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! I'm fromNew Iberia, FI is from Lafayette. We are getting married at Rip Van Winkle,May 28,2010.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! Both of you have beautiful venues! Stephiemike... my cousin just got married at L'Eglise this past June. I was confused about whether it was in Youngsville or Abbeville and one of the guys that works there told me it is actually in a community called Leblanc. I had never even heard of that before and I'm from around here, but I guess you learn something new everyday. If you need any recommendations or anything let me know.
  • tfrenc1tfrenc1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi! I am from Lafayette and we are getting married at L'Eglise too on December 12! It cant get here fast enough!
  • stephiemikestephiemike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I encountered the confusion with the L'eglise address when I printed my invitations but the lady who owns it says it's in Abbeville. Lucky for me, I have most of my stuff done, except for bridals. I didn't want to have to stress out the few months before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards