Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Showers

How far in advance do most people start having their showers?  I'm getting married in about 7 months (May 14).  My MOH wants to start throwing showers for me in the next month or two.  This concerns me a little bit.  She is going to be in another wedding 2 months prior to mine, so she doesn't want to wait too long as it may lead to dates conflicting.  Also, she said since we have such large families, we will probably have multiple showers for the different groups.I feel if I start having showers in the next month or two people are going to think it's waaay too early.  Also with the economy and Christmas, I think it's not going to be a good financial time for everyone.What do y'all think?Thanks!!

Re: Showers

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married June 12 and my bridal shower will be sometimes in April. I would about 1-2 months before the wedding is typical.
  • eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    getting married Jan 9th and mine will be at the begining of Dec. I would have the shower at least with in 2-3 months of the weddding
  • courtyncampincourtyncampin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's more around the time frame of what I was thinking of as well. I suggested to her if she really wanted to throw some sort of party, we could do an engagement party. My fiance and I have been enaged for a year and a half (due to school/financial reasons) so we never have one. However, she didn't really like that idea because we have been engaged for so long. She said everyone knows we're engaged, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    While I do agree it seems very early to have a bridal shower, she's the one throwing the party. If she wants to start early, I suppose she can.Maybe someone else will throw you another shower later. Anybody who wants to can do it. I wouldn't stress too much. I can see why it might be hard for her to do with another wedding to coordinate around. Maybe she'd be willing to go 3 or 4 months ahead. Talk to her about it and see if you can come up with something in-between. If not, let her throw you a shower and just enjoy it. :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards