Louisiana-Baton Rouge

The Photography Shoppe

I have booked The Photography Shoppe for my June 12, 2010 wedding and have reserved Kristen. I have heard some great reviews on here and I loved them when I had my consultation with Cate. However, my friend's friend just used them this past weekend and had a horrible experience. So now I am panicking a tad bit. I was just curious who has used them and how was your experience. Thanks for all of the help!Ashlee

Re: The Photography Shoppe

• edited December 2011
    What happened to your friend?I've heard nothing but good things about the Photography Shoppe, and I am planning to book them as soon as we book our venue. I'd really appreciate a heads-up about what happened to your friends. Do you know which photographer she had?Thanks!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I understand completely.  We booked with the Photography Shoppe, Kristen is our photographer.  I love her!  But I don't necessarily love working with the company as a whole.  We took our engagement photos on September 7th, Labor Day, they did a great job of getting our proofs posted in less than two weeks.  However, we have yet to receive our pictures via CD.  So I am waiting around to receive that before we can do other stuff.  Although Kristen did have a shot of our choice emailed to us to use for our save the dates.  But I'm afraid to ask about our CD because one of the other employees that I CC'ed an email to Kristen to snapped my head off when I asked for  some more shots.  She informed me that my wedding wasn't until June so I had plenty of time to wait for the cd to come in.  Now, Kristen did come back and apologize for the confusion, but I haven't heard any word from the company since.  I will reserve judgement until the service is over, but you better believe I will be posting my review on every possible website because brides need to know what they are dealing with; hopefully my review for the Photography Shoppe will be a good one but it's up to them.  HTH.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry for the double post, but I am also curious to know what happened to your friend?  Also, who did she work with?
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful experience with the Photography Shoppe. Everything came in a timely manner. I waited about a month for my CD of my engagements, then I received my bridal CD with my wedding CD's. I had Kristen as my photographer and I loved her. She was great to work with. I'm curious to hear what bad experience your friend had.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • stephmarie625stephmarie625 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wondering if your friend used Kristin?  I have heard great stuff about Kristin and was told to only book her if I went through Photography Shoppe.   I havent read the greatest reviews on other photographers there.   I have been in contact with Kristin and have met with her and she seems great.   I am anxious to find out what happened with your friend.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok...well this is strictly from a friend through her friend. I was not there to witness any of this. But she used Kristen. She said the bridesmaids had to keep getting Kristen (who was sitting down before the ceremony with the 2nd photographer just chatting) to come take shots that the bride wanted and gave Kristen a list of. Also the 2nd photographer was squating in the corner at the reception, so one of the bridesmaids asked if she needed anything or was feeling ok. She stated "I'm just tired." My friend also said that the photographers were not dressed professionally. I don't care about that part as much but I definitely want my 8 hours worth and the pics that I absolutely have to have. She may have been having a bad day, I'm not sure. Thank you for each of your posts and so far the reviews of Kristen have been great! I am going to trust my instinct bc I really loved Kristen's work. It showed so much more creativity than the other photographers. I have spoken with her through email and she has been nothing but nice to me and professional. I'm not meeting with her until probably April to do my bridals so we will see then. Thanks!
  • dlbrousdlbrous member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mind had an awful experience with the Photography shoppe. The details of her package were not made clear to her and they ended up charging her an extra $350 or so for features she thought were included to begin with. Not sure who her photographer was. I'd say be careful and ask a lot of questions. It sounds like they aren't a huge fan of questions based on previous posts. Which I think is a shame.. You shouldn't be made to feel bad about asking about your own pictures.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • svgdoll2003svgdoll2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Guys, I am planing on booking Photography Shoppe soon also, I went to their New Orleans extension and talked to Chris. He seemed very nice and laid back. He informed me that the only photogs available for my date are Ken, Summer and himself. I was wondering if any of yall have heard anything about these photogs. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks :)
  • edited December 2011
    If it's the same person, Sommer was the second photographer at my wedding, so I am unsure of what pictures were Kristen's and Sommer's. I absolutely love my wedding pictures though. Ask to see some engagements, bridals, and weddings Sommer shot. They'll have record of all that.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards