Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Cakes

I am going to be booking my cake next month. I am looking for a price that is around or under $2 per slice/person. I have found Creative Cakes by Vickie in Plaquemine (my fiance is from there), Ambrosia, Baum's, Cake Goddess, and It Is Cake Time. I'm not sure of any of their prices. I need it to feed about 115 people (175 guests x 65%). Please let me know prices or recommendations.Thanks!Ashlee

Re: Cakes

• HoneyLeigh07HoneyLeigh07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got both of our cakes from Baum's for around $430. I don't know exactly how much it was a slice (for my cake) but I tried to figure it out and it was around $2. My cake will feed 125-150 and his will feed about 50.
  • eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have done consults with Cake Palace, Baum's and Gambinos they are all around $2 a slice - (I have the pricing structure for each at home)Baums does not charge a delivery fee for in BRCake Palace charges an $85 delivery fee if it is before 2 pm and i think $100 if it is after 2 pmGambinos charges a $20 delivery feeWe ruled out pretty much everyone else in town bc of the per serving cost (all started around $4)- ambrosia, cake godess, two sweet sisters, fairy dustWe decided to go with Gambinos = )
  • toastie624toastie624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The 3 cake places we looked at were Creative Cakes, Ambrosia, and Fairy Dust Cakes. We are feeding between 100-125. Out of the 3, Creative Cakes was cheaper (by only a little because they weren't going to charge a delivery fee since our wedding is at Nottoway Plantation in White Castle, like 10 minutes away). However, it seemed like all they would do was white icing on the cake and if we wanted any color (which we did), Vickie suggested we bring in flowers or ribbons (at our own expense, naturally). She pretty much refused to do colored icing or the decoration we wanted (which was some kind of edible sugar to give it a little glittery look, nothing extravagent).We actually went with Ambrosia because their samples tasted the best and the lady we spoke with come up with a great design! We are on a very tight budget, which is why those places worked for us, so I'm sure you can get a wonderful cake for about $2 a slice with the ones that have been mentioned in these posts :)Either way, good luck and enjoy tasting those cake samples...I know I did! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards