Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Ordered my dress! (review)

Hey everybody! I just thought I'd share a good experience!I ordered my wedding dress last night at Alfred Angelo in the Towne Center plaza. I had a really great time working with my consultant, Monte. She was very laid back, calm, and gave me honest advice without being pushy at all.My first consultation with her was early last month. I tried on a bunch of dresses and it was my first time shopping, so she put me at ease and assured me there was NO PRESSURE to buy anything-- she knew I'd be looking at other places and it wasn't awkward.I went to Bridal Boutique for my next trip, and it was not a good experience. Most of their samples were far too small for me (a size 12) and the consultant even brought me a dress $500 over the budget I told her. Of course I liked the dress, and AFTER we discussed possible alterations and I was taking it off, she told me the price. I wasn't happy about that.Anyway, nothing lived up to the dress I originally liked at Alfred Angelo, so last night I went back for one last try to make sure that was IT.And it was! Ordering was super-easy. Monte measured me and suggested I order a size smaller than the sample (which was a 14) and consider ordering a petite since I am short and will be wearing flats. She even asked her manager if it would be cheaper to order the petite or for me to have it hemmed, so I could make the decision myself. I even got an estimate for the rest of my alterations.She did not press me about accessories, she just made notes about the items I liked so that there is no confusion should I decide to purchase them later.I am really happy with my experience and would suggest that store and especially Monte for anybody who is shopping for a gown! I'll update further once my dress comes in (should be January, which is in plenty of time for my June wedding).
Anniversary

Re: Ordered my dress! (review)

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I am glad I read your post about Alfred Angelo. My bridal party and myself are going there next weekend because I have found some things I would like to try on. Congrats on finding THE dress! I have just started shopping. I have been to 2 places in Metairie and a few in BR and I have 3 dresses that I like so far! Happy Planning!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to help. I love reviews from other brides, I base a lot of my questions and some of my decisions on what sorts of experience other brides have had.Really, if you haven't made your appointment already ask for Monte. I noticed the other consultants there also seemed really sweet, so even if you have an appointment with someone else I'm sure you'll have a good experience. :)
    Anniversary
  • klobue23klobue23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I to went to alford angelo and had an absolutly amazing experience!! my girl was Toi and she was awesome! I had 2 other appointments scheduled for the rest of the day at bridal boutique and delis. I found my dress at AA but decided to go check out delis which was my next appointment and it was a horrible experience i ended up just walking out of the place. I had such an amazing experience at alford angelo i just canceled my last appointment at Bridal boutique and went back to AA and bought my dress! they just called me and told me it was in so i will be picking it up soon yay!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You didn't miss anything by cancelling your appointment at Bridal Boutique, I'm sure. After shopping at alfred angelo, Bridal Boutique was not a very good experience for me.
    Anniversary
  • ceruiz9ceruiz9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree about Bridal Boutique. When I started looking for my dress, I was set on a Mon Cheri bridal gown. I decided to go to Bridal Boutique first since I live 10 minutes from there. When I got there I told the lady what 2 Mon Cheri gowns I wanted to try on. I waited 30 minutes for her to look in a book ... she didn't even look to see if they were in the store. She finally comes up to me and says that they do sell those 2 gowns but the only way I can try them on is if I order and pay for the one I want. My mom and I were very disappointed. Why would I order a dress that I don't know how it looks on me or if it'll be the one? I ordered my dress from Debbie's Bridal in Gonzales. They were very helpful!Thank you for posting the info about Alfred Angelo. I plan on taking my girls there to look at bmaids dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    I posted on this thread a while back but I am sharing an update since I found THE dress! I actually found it at two different places: Debbie's Bridal in Gonzales and Ashley Renee Bridal in Livingston (previously in New Orleans). Ashley Renee had a bridesmaid dress that I loved so I am getting my dress from there so my girls and I can all be at one place! I would absolutely recommend both places! The staff are very helpful and friendly! Alfred Angelo was a good experience and they did have a dress I really liked, but the other two places carried Christina Wu and the bridesmaid dress I liked... and I love my dress!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I got a call on saturday 11/20 that my dress is in!!!!!

Holy crap that was fast!

They are holding it for me a little longer than usual since it's a whopping 2 months early. I'll probably go get it in a few weeks and then start alterations in February. Not a bad twist. Cool
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards