Ohio-Columbus

La Scala Brides question

Hi ladies,
I just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has had a reception at La Scala.  I love the place and would love to book there.  We have a guest list over 300 and expecting around 275 to attend.  They tell me they will fit our number in the larger space, but after visiting, I still worry it won't be big enough.  Does anyone have any thoughts on the size of the space relative to our guest number? I also don't want our guests to be on top of each other.  Any thoughts are VERY appreciated!

Re: La Scala Brides question

• I am having my reception in the smaller room at La Scala in just a couple of weeks! I was worried about our guest count because she said it could only hold 170 and we invited 200, but we ended up around 150, so we were ok.  However, I was very anxious for multiple weeks after invitations went out because although your parents will tell you "oh so and so won't come"... some of them will. And no, you don't have to plan for 100% attendance, especially with a guest list of 300, but I guarantee you will stress out about it if you cut it close. I sure did.

That being said, La Scala was probably THE BEST vendor choice I made throughout wedding planning, and the big day isn't even here yet. The food is amazing, Cathy has taken care of me from day 1, and I am sure things will go extremely smoothly. Another reason I love La Scala is because the rooms already have so much character, I really don't have to worry about decorating much. Did I mention the food is amazing? Also, the price is unbelievable for what you get - not one other venue I considered included (basically) everything but the cake and didn't charge a fee just to use the space!

Sorry to sound like a total salesperson, I swear I'm a real bride. I am just so excited to have our reception there. It's beautiful, affordable and I anticipate the service will be fantastic.
  • Also, forgot to mention that Cathy's services are included with using La Scala, so you basically have a reception coordinator for free! She was a great help with menu choices, linens, arrangement of the room, and anything else we can think of.
  • We just had our reception there in the smaller room. It was amazing! All we had to do was drop off the decorations on Friday and basically "show up" on Saturday. They took care of EVERYTHING! It was totally stress free. Cathy and her staff went above and beyond our expectations.
  • I ditto everything that has been said. I would trust them!!!!
  • I was just there in August for a wedding and they had some really nice chair covers and cake table.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards