Louisiana-Baton Rouge

NEED BIG HELP!!!

OK i am getting married march 19,2011 at stage one in baton rouge. I need some photographer suggestions, florist suggestions and where to get favors also where to get jewlery for ur bridemaids!!Please I need some help!Anything??

Re: NEED BIG HELP!!!

• edited December 2011
    Don't worry, you have PLENTY of time.

My florist- Billy Heroman's. They did a great job on my bouquet for bridal pics. They weren't able to get dahlias this early in the season, so Robert asked if a bouquet of all different purple flowers would be okay. I said go for it and it was BEAUTIFUL. Ask for a consultation with Robert.

My photographer- Debbie Williams Photography. I think I posted in your other thread about them. John is a lot of fun and takes great pictures. He really put my FI at ease for our engagement pics, and I had such a good time for bridals. He wasn't rushed at all and I felt like the most important person in the world.

My favors: sandalwood fans from www.weddingfavorites.com . They are great quality and were shipped pretty quickly.

Bridesmaid gifts: Etsy. Just go look at www.etsy.com for anything and everything. I found all my BM gifts from different sellers there, ordered my invitations and programs (FANTASTIC seller event123). For jewelry, look up sellers michouny and kande. I also got hair flowers and a custom-made garter on Etsy.

Have fun! :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    First, breathe...just keep breathing.  When you feel yourself starting to get worked up, take some deep breaths.  It will help you stay calm and focused.

Photographer suggestions - I am using Kristin from the Photography Shoppe, quality photography and reasonable prices.  She is awesome.  But I cannot vouch for the other photographers as I have no experiece with them.  You can request Kristin and since your date isn't until 2011, she is probably still available.

Florist - We are using The Cut Flower on Jefferson Hwy.  I am pretty pleased with the service so far.  The only downfall was that I did not receive the free replica of my bouquet for my bridals, but that didn't really bother me.  Once again, I was pleased with his pricing.  He explains everything to you and is honest about what he thinks will and will not work for the season of your wedding, but is willing to try whatever you want.

Favors - I ordered bubbles online, sorry, don't remember specific vendor.  I am also considering doing some type of candy treat for guests, but that is if time allows.  If I do that it will be a DIY project.

Jewlery for Bridemaids - Honestly I knew someone who could attend the Helen Brent show when it came to New Orleans and I attended as her guest.  I got all of my bridal party jewelry there for under $50, and I have 9 attendants.  I have also been looking at Claire's and the Icing for a barrette for my flower girl's hair.

Hope this helps and good luck!
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photographer: Jodi Herring. www.glimpsesbyjodi.com I posted you your other thread about her. She has her prices on her website.

Florist: I don't have mine yet because my wedding isn't until May 2011. I know Heromans is great, so I would try them. That's probably who we will go with because they've done every event for me for years.

Favors: I second etsy.com. What's your theme? That might help. I am doing a candy buffet that will be the "favor" for my guests.

Bridesmaid jewelry: You can look almost anywhere for that. You can shop online or in stores. I would pick out their dresses first so you know what type of jewelry will match. I love pearls and many people like them as well. You can even make the pearl jewelry if you're crafty.

I hope this helps! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank guys i appreciate it!If get anything new let me know~~
  • ashleyhurt86ashleyhurt86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    totally agree with the etsy post....you can get everything there i even got  a custom apple computer themed bout for my FI *stonerainartistry is great*

got my veil on there from floral and some different jewlery items from a wide variety of people! Hope that helps and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards