Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Anyone heard of The Johnny Trio?

My caterer recommended The Johnny Trio for us as a second line band, but she didn't have their contact info. I googled them to no avail, so I was wondering if anyone has heard of them or used them? Thanks!

Re: Anyone heard of The Johnny Trio?

• swmagswmag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like the Johnny Vidacovich Trio. Johnny is an amazing drummer and musicians. My husbands mentor. But I am pretty sure he doesn't really do secondlines as he is older. His trio plays the Maple Leaf every Thursday night and Eiffel Society (a new event venue on St. Charles Ave) every Saturday night. He could be good for the actual wedding. 

• edited December 2011
    Yes, that is the Johnny V Trio, as in Johnny Vicacovich. He is a pretty well known New Orleans jazz drummer, my husbands mentor. Not sure he does secondlines though . . he is a bit older. He may be better for the actual reception. He plays with his trio at the Maple Leaf uptown every Thursday and starting soon at Eiffel Society ( a new venue on St. Charles Ave) on Saturdays.

As I said before my husband can do the second line thing for you. And we could put you in touch with Johnny if you want to talk with him, Well at least his manager/wife.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards