Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Desert Planatation

Does anyone know anything about Desert Plantation.  I have never visited their grounds but heard they were nice.  If anyone has had their wedding there or has been to a wedding there, I would appreciate your comments and thoughts on their overall performance.

Re: Desert Planatation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in a few weeks. I love it! I was even there today! One of my friends was married there about three years ago and since then I knew I wanted to get married there! Its a must see!
  • Options
    sonnierfayesonnierfaye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married there in the spring - the couple that owns the place are wonderful and very accomadating and helpful. We have become fast friends which makes everything more fun and less stressful I think. My fiance and I also liked it because it isn't one of those big commercialized plantations - it has maintained a lot of its charm and simplicity. You should definitely go up and see it though because we weren't sure until we went up there. As soon as we saw it though we were sold - thats how beautiful this place is. Hope you like it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We just got married there on Saturday! It was wonderful.  You really don't need a lot of extra decorations because the place is so pretty.  I would recommend Heirloom Cuisine for the food and Michelle Weller for the cake! 

• Options
    tgaulden03tgaulden03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning a wedding for next September.  I've viewed the grounds and liked what I saw.  I emailed the people who run the place and they sent me a brochure and other information via email.  I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how much the wedding as a whole would cost.  I'm researching venues and trying to narrow down my search because I would like to have my venue booked ASAP.  Any information as far as pricing and information in general would be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My wedding was there last night and I honestly would not of changed anything! It was AMAZING! Everthing thing I could of dreamed of and more! I highly recommend Old south Photography they are wonderful!! Heirloom cuisine was also Fantastic! My flowers were gorgous they came from the cottage path in baton rouge. My DJ/ videographer was Complete music and video. We had Chris as the DJ and I loved him! I used Allie from weddings by Allie and everything ran smooth. Everything was PERFECT!!! I highly highly recommend Desert it was such a classic venue! My guest had nothing but great things to say about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards