Ohio-Columbus
Options

Close honeymoon destinations

Like at least a few of you, FI and I will be waiting to take our "real" honeymoon until a few months after our wedding (getting married in August, hoping to take a cruise in January or so). Still, we'd like to go somewhere for a few days right after we get married, just to continue the celebration a little bit and take some much needed time off.

Any suggestions for places to go within a few hours of Columbus? I've looked into Olgebay and Mohican State Park a little bit, but I'm wondering if anyone else has any good ideas?
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Close honeymoon destinations

• Options
    We stayed in a private cabin in Hocking Hills for our "baby-moon" before our son was born. It was private...very comfortable. It had a hot tub, living area with full kitchen and fully furnished, etc. The views were great and we went to mom and pop diners, a flea market, and saw the sites in our off time. It is a really economical option as well!
  • Options
    Cherry Vally Lodge (or insert name of water park here), or Hocking Hills. I think we're going to waterpark since his family is from out of state and he wont get to see them for a long time after wedding. (we are waiting for real honeymoon for a few months too)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PPs--lots of nice places in Hocking Hills.

There are lots of nice places on Lake Erie too.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    Cincinnati? Go to King's Island for a day? 

Put-in-Bay?   Look into maybe a B and B on or near a vineyard or winery? I think ther's one around canton....
  • Options
    We went to lake cumberland for our friends vacation and it was fun, but there is not a lot to do their, depending on when you go, it took us around 5 hours.

I know that my parents went to gatlinburg area and it is not that far maybe like around 5 hours and it is much cheaper than hocking hills and there is a lot to do.

Pennsyvania has a place i think it is poconos is suppose to be really nice to honeymoon 

Good luck :) 
  • Options
    What are you guys looking to do on your honeymoon?  You might be able to get a groupon for chicago or some other places. Maybe check groupon or living social deals?
  • Options
    We are going to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for our "mini-moon." We're doing the same as your plans - short trip right after, with a cruise in January. It's about 6 hours away.

Also, as a former lifeguard of a certain well-known indoor waterpark resort in Cincinnati, I wouldn't recommend going there. It is VERY kid-oriented. Expect lots of running/screaming children up and down the halls (especially thanks to MagiQuest), huge lines for all the good slides at that time of year (June-Aug are the busiest months thanks to a large amusement park next door) and lots and lots and lots of unattended children. Not the type of place you'd want to go for a honeymoon. I'd say that's probably true of any of the indoor waterpark resorts, honestly, though I've never stayed at any of them except the one I worked for this past summer.

That being said - you could always stay someplace nice in Cincinnati (maybe the Radisson in Newport overlooking the river) and spend your days in the Queen City. There really is a LOT to do in Cincy besides Kings Island! :)

Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards