Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Couture cakes/wedding cake recommendations

Hi everyone! I've been trying to get in touch with Holly from Couture Cakes to do our wedding and groom's cakes for October, but she hasn't gotten back in touch with me. All I have is her E-Mail and Facebook. Does anyone have any other contact info for her?

If this doesn't work out, does anyone have any cake recommendations? I have already ruled out Baum's and Ambrosia.

Thanks!!

Re: Couture cakes/wedding cake recommendations

• SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not have any experience with Couture Cakes. I have a few bakeries listed on my planning site. I'm probably going with Clark Robertson. I have a tasting with him this weekend and I can let you know how that goes. His prices are the best I've seen and he has SO many options. Here's the link to my website. http://seandmb.weebly.com/bakeries.html

Here's Clark's flavors.

Cake Flavors

Buttery Yellow Vanilla – light and butter in taste, flavored with real vanilla
    Traditional White – flavored with real almond flavoring for that traditional wedding cake taste
    Devil’s Food Chocolate – rich and chocolaty.
    German Chocolate – sweeter and lighter chocolate flavor then the devil’s food
    Chocolate Chip – buttery yellow vanilla cake with mini chocolate chips for a touch of chocolate
    Red Velvet – traditional southern red velvet cake
    Marble – the best of both worlds, yellow cake with chocolate swirls
    Lemon – buttery yellow cake flavored with real lemon for a sweet citrus flavor
    Strawberry – real strawberries are used to add a natural sweetness and light pink color
    Pineapple – yellow cake flavored with real pineapple juice for a tropical treat
    Coconut – rich coconut flavored yellow cake for a taste of the islands
    Carrot – traditional spicy and sweet made with freshly grated carrots
    Italian Cream – a delicate vanilla butter cake with pecans and coconut added for a flavorful taste
    Spice – a wonderful aroma and taste come from cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and other fresh spices

Cake Fillings

Traditional buttercream – sweet and buttery, just like the icing on the cake
    Cream Cheese buttercream – made with real cream cheese and butter for a rich taste.
    ·        Add pecans: great with yellow, white, carrot, spice, or red velvet cake
    ·        Add strawberries: a perfect choice for yellow or white cake
    ·        Add pecans and coconut
    Chocolate buttercream – rich, dark chocolate and real butter
    Whipped Chocolate Ganache – dark chocolate and cream whipped to perfection
    Bavarian Cream – traditionally found in pastries, this creamy vanilla filling goes great with yellow or white cake.
    Coconut Cream – a creamy filling loaded with coconut.
    Strawberry – real strawberries are used in this all natural jam like filling
    Pineapple – crushed pineapple combined with thick, sweet syrup
    Lemon – fresh lemon curd with whipped cream folded in for a mousse like texture
    Raspberry – real raspberries are used to make this filling.
    Amaretto cream – rich almond flavored pastry cream filling that goes great with yellow or white cake
    Traditional German Chocolate cake filling – a rich, buttery, caramel filling full of pecans and coconut
    Praline Cream – the great taste of pecan pralines in a creamy filling, great with yellow or white cake
    Banana Cream – real bananas in a rich and creamy custard
  • edited December 2011
    Fairy Dust Cakes have come HIGHLY recommended to me! I haven't tasted their cakes, but I've heard people brag about them!
  • edited December 2011
    Holly is doing my groom's cake. She's really sweet and very reasonably priced. She also works for Gourmet Girls in Baton Rouge. Give them a call and ask for her. I know they have been swamped with Valentines/King Cake season. 225.252.0999 www.gourmetgirlsbr.wordpress.com
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have contact info for Couture Cakes, but our cake came from Gambino's and it was awesome!
    Anniversary
  • nattiemay14nattiemay14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I booked Holly for our wedding and grooms cake. It did take her a while to get back to me too, but once I met with her I really liked her. Her cake is really good and she has really great ideas because she has an art background. She is also reasonably priced which is nice!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards