Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Rip Van Winkle Gardens?

Hi ladies,

I got married in October and I've been out of the wedding planning world for about six months  : )

Now, I'm helping my sister plan her wedding. I've learned a lot over the past year and a half!

So, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Rip Van Winkle gardens in New Iberia? The pictures are gorgeous! Any good experiences? Or bad?

Thanks all!

Amber

Re: Rip Van Winkle Gardens?

• edited December 2011
    No personal exeriences, but my sister told me about them and I wish we lived closer so that it could have been an option! The pictures are beautiful and I think it would make for a beautiful wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last April. It was absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony overlooked the lake. The food was great. I don't have any personal, first-hand experience with any of the staff but everything seemed to run so smoothly. I would definately check them out.
  • edited December 2011
    It's worth the drive!  It's on the lake, there are huge portrait windows and a wraparound porch at the main building, and the grounds are gorgeous with all the bamboo and greenery.  The food was amazing, too.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone. I appreciate it. I think we're going to check it out. I'll let everyone know how it goes and what we find out!
  • edited December 2011
    I live not far from there and its a gorgeous place to get married. I opted for downtown New Iberia instead only because I am getting married in November and would have wanted a outdoor wedding if it was at Rip Van Winkle and the weather here is too unpredicatble in November. But I know of some brides who have gotten there and absolutely loved it. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards