Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

engagement ring problems :(

My fiance ordered my ring from houston and ever since he gave it to me, I have had one problem after another with it. First, all the prongs were scratched up on it. I sent it back and had the jeweler replace the band. Second, I got it resized at a local jewelry store to what I was told would fit me (and finger was measured) and it is still too big. Third, after having it resized, the center diamond became loose. I took it back to the same jeweler to fix it, and it still came back loose. So I took it to a different jewelry store and they fixed it by adding metal to the inside of the prongs so the diamond couldn't move around. After I thought it was finally fixed, I now noticed that all the prongs are a completely different color from the rest of the band. I am sooooo frustrated! I love this ring to death but I just don't know if it is worth all this trouble. What would fellow knotties do if this was you? Try to get it fixed yet again or give up and get a new one?

Re: engagement ring problems :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where in Houston did he order it from? What kind of jeweler are you taking it to? Personally, I would keep trying because it means that much to me but since you have tried multiple times, depending on price and if you can get a refund, I'd send it back then buy one locally from someone you trust that looks just like it. My FH got mine from Kay and it's a little big and they fixed it fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards