Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Has anyone been here?

I found a very pretty place at an extremely reasonable price. It's called Michabelle Inn.. It's in Hammond. I am really excited but I have never heard of it and can't find anyone who's had a wedding there. I found some reviews on travel pages and the main negative thing I have found was the food.. Does anyone know of this place??

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Has anyone been here?

• edited December 2011
    I have been there and it is a pretty site but I'm sorry to say the food is horrible. We went for a birthday dinner and for a small group of people (less than ten) it really was bad. The staff is nice though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • nannabee21nannabee21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its beautiful if you aren't having a large wedding. However, I agree that the food was mediocre at best. The layout was very discombobulated as well. The bar line intersected with the food line.. kinda frustrating.
    September 2011 siggy challenge- Shoes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the Louisiana Castle? It is in Franklinton, it has an outside wedding area, and it is a fun place! The food was great, and it was a lot of fun! It was not a huge place, so ask about seating capacity if you call them. I guess there were about 100 people there!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the La Castle earlier this year, it is really a lot of fun! I would guess there were about 150ish people there. It has a really neat little balcony overlooking the outdoor ceremony area place thing.
  • Lperry7Lperry7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks yall.. I think I've heard of it.. Do you know what their pricing is like?
  • edited December 2011
    http://louisianacastle.com/pricesandservices.html
    all I can say, my FI thought a few of the period decorations looked a little fake, but the prices are not bad, so that adds up for a really beautiful, fun day!
    Saydee
  • My husband and I went here for our honeymoon in October of 2011 and absoluetely loved it. The people were so kind, and since we were the only ones there, we felt like royalty the way they served us. We got to choose what time we wanted our four course meal and four course breakfast, and it was beautifully presented. We said we would be back for our anniversary and tell everyone we knew.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards