Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Vendors

Hi ladies!  I'm just getting started with my wedding planning!  Right now, we're looking at The Photography Shoppe on Highland for photography and Robert w/Ram Jam Productions for the DJ.  A friend recommended the Photography Shoppe, but her photographer no longer works there.  And I met Robert at 2 Bridal Show's in January & February and he seemed really nice.  Does anyone have comments/advice on either of these vendors?  Thanks! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendors

• edited December 2011
    I used to Photography Shoppe for my engagements, bridals, and wedding. Kristen was my photographer and she was great! My pictures came out beautiful! Not to mention, you get SO much with the price you pay. After tax, I paid around 1800 for the engagement session, bridal session, 8 hours of coverage for the wedding, flush mount album, 2 parent albums, cd of all pictures including copyright release, and several prints. I have all my pictures in my bio titled "the plan in action" in my siggy. If you go with the Photography Shoppe, ask to see samples of each photographer.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I posted a review about my photographer and the Photography Shoppe.

Basically, we didn't book the Photography Shoppe because ALL the good reviews I saw were for Kristen, and she was booked on our wedding date. We met with the owner, and he was really nice. However, he couldn't guarantee we'd have the same person for engagements, bridals, and wedding day. My FI is very shy and reserved, and it was important to me that we build a rapport with our photographer so that FI would be able to relax and act naturally.

I've seen mixed reviews on the other photographers there, and I just didn't want to take the chance.

We booked Debbie Williams Photography instead. John and Debbie are a married couple who work out of their home. We've had our engagements and my bridals were on Thursday. John and his assistant were a lot of fun to work with, and our engagements came out beautifully. My FI was able to relax immediately (John told FI exactly what to expect and was just super-friendly), and within 20 minutes we were laughing and joking around with him.

Our engagements only lasted an hour, which was GREAT because it was SO COLD that day! John worked quickly and got great shots. My bridals took about 3 hours, but it was a gorgeous day and I was full of energy... so we just kept going until the location was kicking us out. lol

Anyway, I have nothing bad to say about the Photography Shoppe, but we just wanted something a little more personal. Their prices are great, however John and Debbie's packages were comparable in content AND price... and having the same photographer and knowing exactly what to expect were important to FI and I.
    Anniversary
  • supernaesupernae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While we're just throwing around some vendor names, I went to a bridal show a couple months back and I was really impressed with Miller's formals. They're locally owned and everyone there was just so friendly. They really know how to make three silly girls (my mother, my moh, and myself) crack up. They were nothing like the other big-name tux places that were handing out bags (that was nice) but then IMMEDIATELY wanting to schedule appointments on the spot (like rabbid hawks!).
    But yeah, Miller's. They seemed cool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards