Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Has anyone used Cake Goddess?

I've checked their website out and they've got some pretty awesome cakes. Has anyone used them? How are their prices? I've got a $400 dollar cake budget for both the bride's AND groom's cake. FI says he doesn't care if he gets a cake or not, but I would love to surprise him with one. I have no idea what the average cake prices are here in BR! Thanks in advance for any help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone used Cake Goddess?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Cake Goddess.  It was between them and Couture Cakes by Holly........I'm not sure how much 400 will get you, but you may want to tell her upfront what your budget is and she may work better with you to come up with something.  Depending how many people you're wanting to feed, you may want to be open with what she has in mind.........Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how much Cake Goddess costs but I saw this on Facebook and I think you may want to look into it. The girl is just starting out but her cakes are amazing! I'm really thinking about using her. Her name is Beth and this is her facebook group. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Baton-Rouge-LA/Wonderland-Cakes/116475934649?ref=ts&__a=8&ajaxpipe=1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ ericalundowitz: Is $400 not enough, average, or not enough for a cake budget do you think? We're having about 125 people and probably won't have a groom's cake.

@SE+MB: Thanks! I hadn't heard of her and her cakes do look amazing! Always good to have different options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure hibiskissmiss?  I don't know really what average is now these days.  I think just as long as youre honest bout the budget and not let the appointment get outta hand (like letting them think you want something large and grand)  I am having cake for bout 450 people....I don't want to have that many people, but I don't have a choice b/c of traditions and my parents and his parents need to invite EVERYONE....i originally just wanted to elope just the 2 of us with 2 couple friends, and its just gotten outta hand.......ugh...but anyway, my cake is about 1500.00..grrrr.....seems like a waste but kinda had no choice......And don't feel bad about walking away and shopping others......some vendors may not work out for some brides....and its ok....good luck...i hope you get what you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Cake Goddess when they first opened for our wedding in 2008. I had a 3 tier wedding cake and a grooms cake. I think our total cost was like $420. Our wedding cake served about 100 and the grooms cake served about 50. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards