Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Vendor Reviews June 26th 2010 Old State Capitol

I really was pleased with the vendors we used for our wedding we had everything downtown.Venue
Louisiana Old State Capitol: A
We had our wedding and reception here and it was the perfect venue for our Downtown Baton Rouge Wedding. There are many rules but overall they were easy to work with and we liked being able to have our choice of caterers. The setting was beautiful

Catering for wedding and Rehearsal dinner 
Stroubes Chophouse downtown: A
Eric the general manager and Justin the chef were so easy to work with. They were able to meet with us at times that were convenient for us and quickly responded to any questions that we had. The food was amazing and we had many different choices for our guests. It also worked out well for them to transport the food to the OSC since it was across the street. We received many compliments on the food. We also went to the Stroubes bar after the reception and they were very accommodating for our group of about 50 people.

Day of Coordinator
Kayla Brewer: A
Kayla plans events and fundraisers at the OSC but also had her own event planning service. It was a lifesaver to have her there the day of the wedding and she also answered any questions about the venue before hand. She is engaged to Justin the Chef at Stroubes so it made it so easy to colaborate &  set up with the two them working on the same event.  

Photographer
Collin Richie: A
Collin's photography is amazing. He mostly takes candid shots but also does some group ones too. He is so quick with the group shots which makes it nice to be able and enjoy the reception! My pics were beautiful and really capture everything from the day. He also shot our engagements, my bridals and our rehearsal dinner. I was extremely pleased with those as well. 

Video

Chris Serio: Bridefilm A
Bridefilm.com
http://vimeo.com/13746866  copy and paste to see the link to my teaser. 

Chris is great to work with too. I can't wait to see the rest of the video! He picked the music and it really fit my fiance' and I perfectly. Hi is good friends with Collin so they work really well as a photography/video team.

Cake
Holly Bratton:  Couture Cakes A

Holly really worked with me to come up with a unique custom design for my cake and the grooms cake. I suggest letting her have artistic freedom and she will come up with something really special for you. She has a beautiful cake stand and the cakes tasted great too. Her prices are really good and you will have a cake to remember. 

Dress:
Wedding Belles in NOLA: Modern Trousseau A
My dress was beautiful & the staff was very pleasant and friendly. I used the stores recommended seamstress and I was very pleased with her work. 

Reception Flowers
Villeres Florist in Covington A
My flowers were beautiful. The only thing that would have made it easier was being able to communicate by email. The prices were reasonable as well. 

Bridal and Bridesmaid Bouquets
Ashley Champange in Lafayette A

My bouquet was perfect and she was able to get peonies even though they were not in season. My yellow bridesmaid bouquets were a great pop of color against my blue dresses.

Band
The Neighborhood Stars A
This band has played at many parties and functions that my fiance' and I have been present for. They were fun and got the crowd involved.

Hotel
The Capitol Hilton  B+
The rooms were great but they will not put your gift bags in rooms for your guests or give you any deals on suites or room. My guests found cheaper rooms for the hotel on hotels.com. I think that they will be more accommodating when the new hotel opens across the street

Beer 
Tin Roof Brewing A
This is a new local brewery here in BR. It is simalar to Abita and would be a great unique touch to use local beer. My favorite was the Voodoo Bengal. Perfect for any LSU fans out there and very tasty! 

I'm happy to give more info if anyone has questions! I loved everything at my wedding and hope other brides can have an experience as great as mine! Happy Planning!

Re: Vendor Reviews June 26th 2010 Old State Capitol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I'm getting married at the Old State Capitol Oct. of next year! How did you play music for your ceremony? I saw in their booklet that they didn't have a sound system. Did you have a musician or a DJ come in?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had musicians come in they set up to the right of the stage. We had a keyboard, trumpet. and violin along with a mic for our soloist. I had a family friend cooridinate that. If you need anything to know any other stuff I'm happy to help. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards