Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Wedding IN Lake Charles

We are planning our wedding in Prien Lake Park, in Lake Charles, LA.  We Planned it for April 16th.  We are new to the area, and am now worried about weather.  We just dont want it to be to hot, but also dont want to risk rain either...  If anyone has any date change ideas i would greatly appreciate it.

Thx
Amanda

Re: Wedding IN Lake Charles

• edited December 2011
    March, April and May weather have been great the past few years.....Its not too hot, and I remember last year, the rain held out till most of May.  Don't get me wrong, it did rain in April, but not as much as the saying "april showers"........But thats just what I remember, you can also check weather in that area on I think weather history for that day, that location.....Hope it helps....It doesn't get miserably hot till end of may thru september.......thank goodness its been great these past couple of days.....
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Lafayette on March 26 to avoid the heat and the rain. I was a little afraid to push into April but I am sure you will be just fine. April was beautiful last year!
  • leslieannlsuleslieannlsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prien Lake Park has the indoor reception area... maybe you could see about reserving it as a backup just in case of rain? I've been to a few weddings inside there and they were very nice.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards