Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Bridal Pics Location?

I am having my bridal pictures taken in April, but I have no idea where to go! I am not a southern girl, and I have a very simple, not-at-all-poofy dress, so I am not sure that I want a plantation for my site (which is what my photographer is suggesting).

I mean, plantations are nice and if I can't find anything better I'll use Greenwood plantation, but if you ladies have ANY other ideas besides LSU, state capitol, and plantations I would be eternally grateful. Innocent

Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Bridal Pics Location?

• Options
    HoneyLeigh07HoneyLeigh07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    City Park in New Orleans
  • Options
    christyg415christyg415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with City Park in NOLA... my friend used City Park and the pictures were really pretty.
  • Options
    hwilli8hwilli8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw someone at Tsunami taking bridal portraits - inside by the room off the bar area & outside area.  Very unique...

Coincidentally, it was the night that we got engaged! :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, thanks for the recommendations! I have emailed City Park and am awaiting my photographer's response to see if they have been there before. The website looks gorgeous! I will choose between City Park and Greenwood Plantation. But I think I would prefer City Park! Maybe I can talk FI into taking a road trip down there next weekend.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I got a response from City Park! The price is very reasonable, but they don't provide a place for me to change into my gown. Do you guys know where your friends managed to change clothes?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm taking my bridals next Thursday with Matt Foster. They will be taken at Audubon Park. It's located on St. Charles Ave in the Uptown part of NOLA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to say something about City Park, my sister in law took her pictures there and I went with her.  Let me tell you it was the most discusting place to bring a wedding dress!  Filtthy! trash everywhere, the photographer had to work extra moving trash, and putting down drop cloths to protect her dress. The only clean spot I remembered was by the Museum of Arts.
    In the end she does have some beautiful pictures, by the columns, on the bridge etc.   I can remember us freaking out the entire day, we were going to ruin a $2000.00 dress!  Thank God everything came out when we cleaned it, but if extra care isn't taken when you are doing your bridals, your dress will be ruined.  Your bridals should a fun experience!  not a stressful one.....

You can use downtown Baton Rouge, to get an urban feel, or go to the quarters in New Orleans.  Caution there as well: stay on the main paths, and bring a lightweight drop cloth.  The quarters in my opinion is better than city park.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ended up deciding on Greystone Country Club in Denham Springs. It's very nice... a lot of interesting scenery, not too obviously Southern, and there's quite a variety between perfectly-manicured golf course, outdoor iron staircase, and palm trees beside a swimming pool. I'm very excited!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards