Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Chesterton Square--- ponchatoula

Has anyone done their wedding or planning to do their wedding at Chesterton Square in Ponchatoula? Can you bring your own caterer and dj?

Re: Chesterton Square--- ponchatoula

• Options
    lnbpenningtonlnbpennington member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am.

Yes.  From what I understand, if you bring your own caterer, you have to use Rockefellers for alcohol.  If you use Rockefellers for food, then you can bring someone in for alcohol.
  • Options
    Robynlee615Robynlee615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I have fallen in love with this place, so looks like it will be our place!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at their website-- what a beautiful place!  What are their prices like?
  • Options
    Robynlee615Robynlee615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kind of pricey... 400/hour, or 4800 all day.  They include almost everything.  You can bring your own caterer and dj, but have to use their alcohol packages. Gorgeous place though! Definitely worth the money!!
  • Options
    kerrie86kerrie86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just FYI- if you do have an outside caterer, you may need to let them know to be prepared. My caterer said she did a wedding there and the Chesterton people pretty much didn't let them use anything, not even a sink!!! They had to get water from a hose... I guess they want people to use their catering.

Also, I'll speak from the experience of another bride who had their reception there in January... You need to make sure it's warm enough for you and your guests. It was so cold for her reception, a lot of people ate and left because they were so uncomforable. She was able to get some money back, but she was very upset about the situation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went there today and am 99% sure I am booking them for ceremony and reception.  The space is HUGE.  I agree about catering, their prices are high and from my experience as a guest there, the food is just ok.  I found another local catering company in Ponchatoula (Bantaa's) and they have ridiculously low prices and good food.  I am using Chesterton for alcohol only because you have to, regardless of whether or not you use them for catering.  I am excited though, it's gorgeous!  Also, they provide stage and sound equipment for band or dj. 
  • Options
    lnbpenningtonlnbpennington member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, they are a stickler for one of their vendors (food and alcohol).  If you use Rockerfellers for FOOD, then you can use the Cresent Bar in Hammond for ALCOHOL.  If you use an OUTSIDER for FOOD, then you have to you use Rockerfellers for ALCOHOL.

It's an either or situation.

ALSO.  They also explain to you what your caterer can and cannot use in the contract of the building rental.  They also explain it, if you ask that question...which I did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding there this past summer and was pleasantly surprised because I had never heard of it before. I think they used the in house catering, the food didn't really make an impression on me one way or another.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you need to bring all of your own food, which, is not a bad Idea any way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards