Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Shaw Center?

Hi, everyone!  I've only been engaged since Christmas Eve, but I'm already starting to panic about wedding planning!  I think my FI and are planning to have our wedding sometime in early March, 2012, and I REALLY want to have it on the 4th floor terrace of the Shaw Center building downtown.  My problem is that we're trying to stick to a strict $6,000 budget, and the Shaw Center does nothing but let you use the space for around $1,300 for 3 hours (including all of the security and janitor charges, etc.),,, We'd have to provide our own caterer, decorations, DJ, etc., as well as provide seating for the 100 guests we're planning to have.

I know that an all-inclusive venue would probably end up cheaper, but I just can't find one that I love.  I thought that maybe I could cut enough cost to allow me to afford the venue if I found a private caterer in Baton Rouge that would charge less than the average $25pp I'm finding as I research.

Has anyone had their ceremony or reception here?  If so, do you think it's something that can be done without a wedding coordinator (which I KNOW we can't afford)?  Am I being unrealistic about what I can do with my $6,000?

Thanks to everyone, and congrats to all you brides-to-be!!

Re: Shaw Center?

• hwilli8hwilli8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Harrington's downtown just started doing catering in the last year or two.  They may have reasonable prices to help you stay close to budget.  Their lunch time food is excellent!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Robynlee615Robynlee615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister had her wedding here and they decorated it all themselves... And you can find cheap caterers... You just have to price. :) hope this helps....
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I'm thinking of having a Sunday brunch reception there, which I think will help with catering costs.  
  • edited December 2011

There is a catering company out of Marepas (right out of hammond) called Bantaa's Le Fleur de Lis that has a package for $12-16 per person and the food is really good. They also have bar packages as well.

www.bantaas.com

hope this helps!

• breighbeebreighbee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget to add in the cost of insurance for the Shaw Center. I believe you have to have your own insurance coverage, which ups the cost even more. :(
  • carie960carie960 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

check out extremecateringla.com
    they start at 14.95 pp

• edited December 2011
    If you are really stuck on the shaw center one of the caterers they use (not on their list) is http://www.padains.com/. They are inexpensive and based out of Watson. They quoted me $15/person and Chips, Crackers, Rolls, Nuts, Mints,Plates, Napkins, and Utensils, Buffet Tablecloths and decorations included (per website). I am trying to get my wedding there and they said that I can use this caterer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards